Chrissy Martin oh yes another thread

Nishfan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I once said Chris Martin was a goal against forest short of Derby legend status...at the very least in the modern sense.

As the play off race heads up, he’s got us 2 valuable points in the dying minutes of big games. Sounds daft but that could be the difference we need.

He was pretty dog today, as was nearly the whole team. That turning circle of a Sherman tank from 6 yards to get it on his right foot was a personal lowlight. But... that said. Top stuff. 

1 hour ago, TuffLuff said:

I once said Chris Martin was a goal against forest short of Derby legend status...at the very least in the modern sense.

As the play off race heads up, he’s got us 2 valuable points in the dying minutes of big games. Sounds daft but that could be the difference we need.

He has just been waiting to show his special shot, shoulder blade piledriver. ?

Just now, Dimmu said:

He has just been waiting to show his special shot, shoulder plate piledriver. ?

In fairness, it was the first time in the whole game a Derby player gambled on 50/50 chance and had the conviction to make sure he got there before anybody else. A few could learn from him.

5 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

Completely agree with all of that.

except that he got us ONE point....

25 minutes ago, Srg said:

He was pretty dog today, as was nearly the whole team. That turning circle of a Sherman tank from 6 yards to get it on his right foot was a personal lowlight. But... that said. Top stuff. 

Meh, few nice touches, no runners past him 

Just now, cannable said:

Meh, few nice touches, no runners past him 

Fast realising it’s impossible for Martin to play poorly. It’s always no runners or some other excuse. Sometimes just need to call a spade a spade. 

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

Fast realising it’s impossible for Martin to play poorly. It’s always no runners or some other excuse. Sometimes just need to call a spade a spade. 

Don’t cry mate, it’s a difference of opinion 

MK Dons the other season was him being poo because his touch had deserted him, off the top of my head 

Just now, cannable said:

Don’t cry mate, it’s a difference of opinion 

Mature response. Would just love to know when it’s acceptable to say he’s played badly, because this is always the retort. 

15 minutes ago, Srg said:

Yet Cocu doesn't agree with you. Said how hard it was for Martin today but kept going.

25 minutes ago, Srg said:

In fairness I think if Waghorn had played up front today it would have been given a similar response. Forest packed out the middle and it was impossible for us to play in the final third. 

Martin’s performance today reminded me of what used to happen with Hulse ten years ago. He’d spend about 70-80 minutes in a little battle but then would get that half chance and take it. It’s not necessarily he was poor (and Hulse used to get pelters on here in those games) but as strikers they needed to be patient and take the chance when it came. That’s what Martin did today, we just don’t usually see that game from him!

Archived