Can Derby fans help wigan

B4ev6is

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sith Happens

Nice sentiment but something isn't right with the ownership at the club, I think if anyone did raise any money could you guarantee it would end up where it should.

2 minutes ago, Boycie said:

The EFL sanctioned the takeover, they will be very embarrassed about what seems to have gone off.

Just shows you how much of a joke the EFL is when it comes to running things.

I agree entirely about the EFL, they are a complete joke and incompetent. They deserve all the stick they get, especially from Derby, Sheffield Wednesday and Birmingham City fans. However, isn't Stephen Pearce on the EFL board? Or is he involved in some other way with them?

2 minutes ago, richinspain said:

I agree entirely about the EFL, they are a complete joke and incompetent. They deserve all the stick they get, especially from Derby, Sheffield Wednesday and Birmingham City fans. However, isn't Stephen Pearce on the EFL board? Or is he involved in some other way with them?

I think he’s a representative of our league isn’t he or something?

14 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

Can Derby county fans help wigan as of now they have gone into administration and there fans must be guttied that there club could go bust but can we maybe risea some funds to help there team out.

Whilst I can (and do) fully sympathise with their fans, this would be one "fund-me" page too far for me.  

I'd rather "adopt a Pie-Eater for the day", and treat one of their fans to a match ticket, plus a pie and a pint, at PPS (once we're allowed to attend again, of course!).  That way, we could at least ensure that their fans get to see a game of footy!

No, sorry, but as for fundraising, I'm oot!

14 minutes ago, richinspain said:

12 minutes ago, Boycie said:

I think he’s a representative of our league isn’t he or something?

"Club representative".

The EFL has announced its club representatives on the EFL Board ahead of the 2019/20 season.
Club representation on the EFL Board comprises three Directors from the Sky Bet Championship, two Directors from Sky Bet League One and one Director from Sky Bet League Two, each selected by the 24 clubs in their respective divisions.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2019/06/stephen-pearce-named-as-club-representative-on-efl-board

On 04/07/2020 at 08:45, Boycie said:

The EFL sanctioned the takeover, they will be very embarrassed about what seems to have gone off.

Just shows you how much of a joke the EFL is when it comes to running things.

This in spades. I’ve a little sympathy for the fans, a bit like Bury fans when it all kicked off there, but the EFL are an absolute joke of an outfit.

Where was the due diligence, fit and proper test etc. The EFL smacks of amateur attempt to running a highly complicated trading market, they seem utterly clueless at higher levels. 

On 03/07/2020 at 18:44, B4ev6is said:

Can Derby county fans help wigan as of now they have gone into administration and there fans must be guttied that there club could go bust but can we maybe risea some funds to help there team out.

I definitely understand the sentiment B4 but if we all chipped in a fiver for every club that is going to go into administration this year or next then we’d all be broke 

4 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Wigan will survive this as they have assets which they can sell to cover the losses. Clubs such as Bury folded as they didn't have the assets.

Well like to think that if Derby was in trouble some people willing help us out.

On 03/07/2020 at 18:44, B4ev6is said:

Yep no probs, tell the EFL I am happy to take over and guarantee a huge cash injection on 30th February 2021.

In the meantime does anyone know the odds on Wigan getting relegated?

Archived