Charlie

Geriatram

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A quote from the Sun

."At Derby his career rocketed again, notably with a hat-trick in a 5-1 European Cup win over Real Madrid – a tie they ultimately lost on aggregate – and amazing was never once booked.

It was during his days at the Baseball Ground that Don Revie gave him his solitary England cap. After being shunted to the left wing and then taken off, he famously told the national boss to “go duck himself.”

Even though Revie left soon after, George was now also on the international black list."

What a Hero!!

4 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

A quote from the Sun

."At Derby his career rocketed again, notably with a hat-trick in a 5-1 European Cup win over Real Madrid – a tie they ultimately lost on aggregate – and amazing was never once booked.

It was during his days at the Baseball Ground that Don Revie gave him his solitary England cap. After being shunted to the left wing and then taken off, he famously told the national boss to “go duck himself.”

Even though Revie left soon after, George was now also on the international black list."

What a Hero!!

Wish it had been 5-1. The return leg wouldn't have gone in to extra time and we'd have at least one star on our shirts now.

56 minutes ago, Phoenix said:

A quote from the Sun

What a Hero!!

Build the man a statue!

55 minutes ago, bigbadbob said:

When I was a kid I had a hamster named Charlie, after Charlie george. Then it died and I got another. Didn't feel it right to call it Charlie, out of respect,  so i called it george after Charlie george.

When George died i got a cat..

Archived