Will we make the play-offs #2

Ellafella

Will we make the play-offs #2  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will we make the play-offs #2

• No
    • Yes

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/07/20 at 11:30

3 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Don't think I could bear playing the doggies in the playoffs. They're unbearable enough as it is.

I'd love us to get there though still. The game vs. Cardiff is looking like the critical one, at this point.

If it's still on by the time we get to the Cardiff game then yes, we'll do it. My fear is the next 3 games are likely to be the hardest this season.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We need fear no one in this division and there is no doubt that we are the team the others have to fear.

None of the teams are going to give it anything but their best shot and it is almost inevitable that a couple of them will fade under the pressure of over-achievement.

Our form suggests that we have got into our stride with a strong squad who can cope with whatever injuries (on and off the pitch) and sendings off (even stupid ones) await us in the next few weeks.

If our team was going to crumple it would have done so before now.

A season? you call this a season?

Er.....yes!

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

True, but I wonder if we'd have won them all if any of them had been against the top six teams we still have to face. 

No game is easy but we haven't had to face Leeds, WBA or Brentford. 

The hardest of the three will be Brentford.  Bar the three nil the other year, they always excel against us and we're always awful. We certainly owe west brom one after the 2-2 earlier in the season.  That appalling dive for the penalty against us in injury time cost us two important points and got them one which could make the difference.  Shame Waghorn missed those two or three penos earlier in the season, particularly the Swansea one. Lost a few points there as well.

Of course we can, we’re in a weird, weird league during a weird, weird time. And we’re playing really well, with a talented core of players and very astute manager. Have a great chance.

Dont understand people who’ve voted no on this, are you trying to save face or are you just dead boring?

8 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Of course we can, we’re in a weird, weird league during a weird, weird time. And we’re playing really well, with a talented core of players and very astute manager. Have a great chance.

Dont understand people who’ve voted no on this, are you trying to save face or are you just dead boring?

Wow, I love this post. It displays not cocky-confidence but an authoritative self-belief. You know, having Wayne Rooney "in the building" {remember that phrase?!} can instill that form of calm, collected, iron-willed refusal to be cowed. The players need to show a courageous iron-will tomorrow and not be afraid of the possibilities. I suspect Florist will have a few tricks up their sleeve to try and un-nerve us a bit. I think Wayne's influence will be worth an extra player. 

Cocu and Rooney are serial winners.

That isn't luck.  It's attitude, aptitude and application.  And it's something that they have been reinforcing in our team for months.  No other team in this league has anything comparable running through the management and playing staff.  It could well make the difference. 

I’ve voted no because the run we’re on is already a long one, so how much longer can it really get?

I know we don’t need to win every game, but once we drop points or lose a game then it’s going to be a big challenge, and depending on which game it is, could be a huge setback.

We’ve won 5 in a row but we’ve still given away silly goals and been on the ropes a bit against sides who have luckily posed very little threat.

I think another reason I’ve voted no is because I’m very optimistic about next season. This doesn’t feel like other seasons where it’s now or bust. For the first time in a long time we have a manager who seems very happy to be in it for the long-haul, with a young talented squad that’s only going to get better. If we miss out I won’t be anywhere near as disappointed as previous years where we’ve been in the top six for a long period but missed out. 

We could end the season on a maximum of 78 points.

The only certainty so far is that we cannot end the season on 77points.

We have a minimum of six games left to play.

We could have nine games left.

All will be decided by the evening of August 4th.

Anyone still think the Championship is boringly predictable.

Bet they don't support the Rams!

While our run in is difficult, this division is so topsy turvy, there is no need to fear anyone. 6th place team has only 3 more wins than 22nd place team. We are the form team and to not continue some sort of good run now would be disappointing. We have had some disappointing matches against Forest though and need to change that tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Cocu and Rooney are serial winners.

That isn't luck.  It's attitude, aptitude and application.  And it's something that they have been reinforcing in our team for months.  No other team in this league has anything comparable running through the management and playing staff.  It could well make the difference. 

Excellent observation, WHH . COYR

I've gone from a "no" to a "yes".

Because it IS a lottery this season even more so than usual - there is not a pack of teams breaking away and form of all of the top 6 is quite erratic. We need fear nobody out of that list.

We will have lawrence back available before too long. I don't know about Wis (is there a time stated for him to heal)? and I haven't heard about Bogle to know whether he is carrying an injury or not.

The one good thing about Lawrence being suspended still is that little toe-rag Carvalho won't have anyone to wind up tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Kernow said:

We’ve won 5 in a row but we’ve still given away silly goals and been on the ropes a bit against sides who have luckily posed very little threat.

Or maybe we've not allowed them to be a threat. We are a better side than all 5 of the teams we've beat

2 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

Or maybe we've not allowed them to be a threat. We are a better side than all 5 of the teams we've beat

Oh, I completely agree with that. I’m not saying that we’ve been lucky to win at all.

My point was that we have spent periods of time needing to defend resolutely and not really been challenged by the forward lines of Millwall, Reading or Preston. Arguably the three goals we have conceded so far have all been from our own mistakes.

It’s just going to be a case of how well we fare against sides who pose a real threat up top, with West Brom & Brentford probably the most dangerous.

9 hours ago, The Orange Pimpernel said:

The fact is that for the second half of the season we have been one of if not the best team in the division. Why all of a sudden are we viewing ourselves as almost inevitably going to struggle against the top sides as if we are just plucky underdogs. We may do it or we may fail but we are in no way shape or form going into these games as lambs to the slaughter.

But is the reason for our form in the second half of the season, down to the fact that we have only played one of the top teams in that period?

2 minutes ago, ram59 said:

But is the reason for our form in the second half of the season, down to the fact that we have only played one of the top teams in that period?

No.  Our form is down to the fact that the academy has had the equivalent effect of injecting 15 million quids worth of talent into the team.  And that Rooney is the best player in the division.

Archived