Will we make the play-offs #2

Ellafella

Will we make the play-offs #2  

191 members have voted

1. 1. Will we make the play-offs #2

• No
    • Yes

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/07/20 at 11:30

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm normally an unbearably logical person and think that the brain is the most amazing organ in the human body and to trust it, but on this occasion my heart is saying "Ah, but remember which organ is telling you that".

This time, heart wins - voted "Yes".

50 minutes ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Weird how the votes are more negative this time around considering we have won our post lockdown matches!!

That's because none of us want to tempt fate if we give it the collective "Yeah piece of piss mate!"  Especially with playing the Gumps tomorrow.  Having them crow about ending our play off chances all summer will be a ball ache...

31 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

It’s still a no from me, though it’s a much closer call now after our recent run. Top 6 is certainly a more realistic possibility now. It’s just the difficulty of our run in really that makes me doubt that we’ll make it - I just can’t see us keeping this run going. It would take levels of consistency not seen by a Derby team in my lifetime really. Hope the lads prove me wrong though and rack up another 6 wins!

9 wins would be ideal ????

1 hour ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

Weird how the votes are more negative this time around considering we have won our post lockdown matches!!

I said just before the restart think we would do it. Just blind optimism and support and a will for us to do it. Just like a 'yeah why not!' approach. Didn't think we'd be here now... i'm a tentative no now, just cause of the run in.

But what an amazing thing that we are even thinking it. Hats off to Cocu his team and of course Rooney. Superb and whatever happens i won't be disappointed, what a go they've given it! 

The fact is that for the second half of the season we have been one of if not the best team in the division. Why all of a sudden are we viewing ourselves as almost inevitably going to struggle against the top sides as if we are just plucky underdogs. We may do it or we may fail but we are in no way shape or form going into these games as lambs to the slaughter.

1 hour ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Cardiff are bang average I don't know why people are worried about them, they will pick up about 8 or 9 points from their 6 remaining games taking them up to 69/70 points. So we need 4 wins including beating them which is tough but not that improbable if we are on top form. We need to beat Forest I reckon, beat them and I think we will beat WBA as well becuase of the momentum we will have and I think Forest will be a harder game than WBA as they are on average form and we always do well against them as their midfield is nothing special. Leeds and Brentford will be tough but I think we can get a point from those 2 games then win against Cardiff and Birmingham and we will be there. Away form goes out the window so every game is basically played on our home form so really I don't see it as that unrealistic for us to make it, Forest game will be one of the hardest if we win tomorrow I think the chances of us making it go up a lot. Don't think we miss Lawrence much at all if I am honest, if anything having Knight in the side over him may help us as although he is younger he plays like a more experience player with Lawrence playing like the youngster, he offers more defensively and passes it more , Lawrence can get goals out of nothing but based on his overall play I'm not bothered too much about missing him.

I share your thinking regarding the points Cardiff will collect, but would hardly call them 'bang average'. They're a solid side, hard to beat and most of their squad have experience of winning promotion. I think the pressure will be on the manager rather than the players and he'll end up making a couple dodgy decision due to inexperience which end up costing them. If we beat them, I can't see them getting more than the 8/9 points you mention in the other 5 games. 2 wins on top of Cardiff and we may sneak in as I don't think Swansea have enough about the to win 4 from 6. The rest of the dwindling pack will continue to fade.

Cardiff's last game is against Hull (they'll still be fighting to stay up at that point) whereas we play Birmingham who have lost half their squad on frees already, and their season will be over. As long as we're in with a chance on that final day I fancy our odds.

I went no first time.  Was tempted to go the same again, but wanted to wait until after tomorrow... which is an option I now see has been (wisely, and with good reason!) taken away from us.

Very tempted to stay sensible, and stay "NO", but hey, in this craziest of crazy seasons, I'm about ready to stick my head over the parapet, and be a little braver.

So, it's a yes for tomorrow, and a yes for the Play Offs!  Let's do it!  ?

12 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

What is interesting is that the % of people saying that we won't get into the Top 6 has gone up even after we won the last games from the previous poll....

Yes; since then we’ve lost Lawrence, Wizz and Bogle * And our play has been less flamboyant and authoritative although some might say more organised and economical. Head versus heart and heads are winning. . . 

* PC is confident Bogle will be fit tomorrow 

Yes. Because after the recent seasons of heartbreak Derby will go and be good when nobody can see it. 

Just like Saturday I think we'll beat Forest because if we lost it wouldn't be as horrible as usual. So we'll win

Derby hate us. How can you not tell?

3 hours ago, Theres’s Only Wan Chope said:

True, but I wonder if we'd have won them all if any of them had been against the top six teams we still have to face. 

No game is easy but we haven't had to face Leeds, WBA or Brentford. 

Archived