Potential Investor Henry Gabay Arrested.

Bubbles

27 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

Mel. It never happened, those things that appeared on Companies House never actually went through in the end. 

What a relief. Mel must be loving watching our Academy players doing so well. I am so pleased for Mel.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing surprises me anymore this season. Mind, given he’d already been handed multiple winding up orders, I guess this is actually one of the less surprising things to happen this season! 

Though it didn’t seem like it at the time, it’s pretty clear now that Gabay’s takeover falling through in January was a blessing in disguise. This would have been a nightmare if he owned a significant amount of the club. I suppose we actually have the EFL to thank here, if it was the FFP punishment that put him off.?

20 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Nothing surprises me anymore this season. Mind, given he’d already been handed multiple winding up orders, I guess this is actually one of the less surprising things to happen this season! 

Though it didn’t seem like it at the time, it’s pretty clear now that Gabay’s takeover falling through in January was a blessing in disguise. This would have been a nightmare if he owned a significant amount of the club. I suppose we actually have the EFL to thank here, if it was the FFP punishment that put him off.?

I'm gonna convince myself that it was not he that was put off investing in us, but rather that it was Mel put off finalising the invitation to Gabay to do so.  Maybe Mel did a bit of digging, and backed off?

Hey, the reasons for the delay were only rumours when all said and done, and Mel's far too gentlemanly to go blabbing, so until anyone has something more substantial to throw in the mixer, I'm sticking with my own totally made up version of events, and standing Mel on a very tall pedestal, whilst thanking him profusely for being so astute!  ?

6 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

Dare I ask what a CumEx probe is? 

I'm pretty certain it's what I experienced immediately following my first divorce.  It certainly felt like one!

*No idea why I said "first divorce", when I've only had the one... so far!

**That'll keep Muckerette on her toes... serves her right for reading over my shoulder!

5 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

I'm gonna convince myself that it was not he that was put off investing in us, but rather that it was Mel put off finalising the invitation to Gabay to do so.  Maybe Mel did a bit of digging, and backed off?

Hey, the reasons for the delay were only rumours when all said and done, and Mel's fat too gentlemanly to go blabbing, so until anyone has something more substantial to throw in the mixer, I'm sticking with my own totally made up version of events, and standing Mel on a very tall pedestal, whilst thanking him profusely for being so astute!  ?

Well, whatever the reason was for it not happening, I’m just glad it didn’t happen!

Sounds to me like we were 1 payment from Gabay away from being owned (and then fleeced) in a SISU kinda way.

As someone else had said, I hope Mel changed his made at the last minute as it would be very worrying knowing that Mel very nearly sold a stake of our club to this man.

Especially when he is taking the steps to find the supposed "right person".

Wow. As others have mentioned, he clearly had a vested interest in Derby and some of the paperwork was modified to include him.

It certainly seems we may have dodged a bullet, although perhaps may turn out to be grazed by said bullet. It will all come out in the wash, I guess. 

5 hours ago, SchtivePesley said:

I'm actually starting to wonder if Mel hasn't used his fortune to build a time machine, and he keeps going back to tweak things so that we get promoted, but every time he makes a change to the space-time continuum it just gets worse

Can't wait for a promising youngster to be injured by a T-Rex attack

Archived