v Forest (H) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

Actually I remember hearing somewhere that it has something to do with his Islamic background.

His parents were part of the Windrush generation and the family converted to Islam. I'm totally respectful of his religious beliefs to grow a beard.

I just don't understand why how the other half of his beard appears to be stuck on Steve Gibson's bonce.

7 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

His parents were part of the Windrush generation and the family converted to Islam. I'm totally respectful of his religious beliefs to grow a beard.

I just don't understand why how the other half of his beard appears to be stuck on Steve Gibson's bonce.

?

I want to know when he is actually going to get round to finishing growing it!

24 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

OK, so they've beaten us twice already this season but them games mean nowt now. Ask Leeds how many times they beat us last season? The cream rose to the the top when it mattered and I'll be creaming mesen when we tonk em tomorrow. 

Villa beat us twice last season before the final. So maybe it does mean something

Had a look at the ltlf. On the whole they seem confident and would happily take a draw. They are concerned about Rooney. apart from one fella who thinks he has the turning circle of a tugboat and the same team we will have out tomorrow is the same one they beat in the carabao bar Rooney for Bennett. That alone should make a difference i would have thought.

The common consensus is they will be compact do nothing and bore us to submission and win with pumping balls into the box. It's like reading a Cambridge United or Wimbledon forecast if such forums existed circa 86-94 .  To be honest, i understand accepting that style of football if it gets you the necessary pot of gold ie promotion.  We did it under Davies in 2007 though not to quite the same degree.  I wouldn't want it to be the new norm though and there fan base who are posting, certainly seem to see this as the way forward long term. If they get promoted I expect to see kenwyne jones and crouch up top with Shawcross at the back. if you go up with there style of play it's either play the same with absolute units like Stoke or spend a shitload to try and match up . We did neither and suffered very badly.

28 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Had a look at the ltlf. On the whole they seem confident and would happily take a draw. They are concerned about Rooney. apart from one fella who thinks he has the turning circle of a tugboat and the same team we will have out tomorrow is the same one they beat in the carabao bar Rooney for Bennett. That alone should make a difference i would have thought.

The common consensus is they will be compact do nothing and bore us to submission and win with pumping balls into the box. It's like reading a Cambridge United or Wimbledon forecast if such forums existed circa 86-94 .  To be honest, i understand accepting that style of football if it gets you the necessary pot of gold ie promotion.  We did it under Davies in 2007 though not to quite the same degree.  I wouldn't want it to be the new norm though and there fan base who are posting, certainly seem to see this as the way forward long term. If they get promoted I expect to see kenwyne jones and crouch up top with Shawcross at the back. if you go up with there style of play it's either play the same with absolute units like Stoke or spend a shitload to try and match up . We did neither and suffered very badly.

I had a quick look and there’s still a few of them who think we’ve pulled some sort of dodgy 3rd part scam to get 32Red to pay Rooney’s wages. I guess they haven’t grasped the connect of ‘better players = better sponsorship deals’

39 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

the same team we will have out tomorrow is the same one they beat in the carabao bar Rooney for Bennett

Ha that's probably not far off the truth - sibbo played in that eh? Hopefully a reverse scoreline will show just how far these players have come.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I had a quick look and there’s still a few of them who think we’ve pulled some sort of dodgy 3rd part scam to get 32Red to pay Rooney’s wages. I guess they haven’t grasped the connect of ‘better players = better sponsorship deals’

Thats clearly wrong. Every Forest fan knows we get free Blackberry phones and a thousand free tickets for the school of our choice  with every season ticket purchase. Now you get a free Rooney to come and give you a free football lesson on the park to sweeten the deal further.  These games he plays are just incidental cause he's bored on a Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Think Dowell, Buchanan and Shinnie played as well. Not a million miles away, but some difference.

And the rest of them have been practicing at getting better.

I remember saying on twitter at the time we had a lot of scope to get better but forest would just be what they are and got laughed at by forest fans. but we've got better and they are just doing what they do because that's the side they are.

I love that they think it's only rooney to worry about, shows a completely superficial view of how we've developed lately. 

I’ve had a venture over to the dark side of the web (LTLF) to see what they think ahead of tomorrow. To be fair, there’s more being realistic about the fact we’re in great form and have a really good chance than I expected to be.

I do find the confidence that Samba Sow will take control of Rooney odd though. I appreciate he’s been very important for them so far but he’s not exactly had the most glittering career & nobody has managed to stop him playing the way he wants to play yet. Feel free to press him, he just drops deeper and has more specs to spray passes into.

My favourite of the stupid comments was one comparing how our side tomorrow is likely to be really similar to the side that faced them in the cup. The post then listed both of our sides, showing we’ll probably have 6 players playing that didn’t play before.

Considering we only have Waghorn and Martin as up front options over this period we are doing very well and a lot of that is down to the energy of the youngsters - 5 academy lads started at Preston which is outstanding because they are actually good 

Looking forward to this game now, and also confident we will win, its our time, Forest will sit deep, so patience will be key, Rooney and Bird to run the midfield, going 2-1, to the Rams Scores Waghorn and Sibbo, to shut them  up down the A52.

We will prevail here....

They are more nervous than us,although meeting us in the play off final should be their main concern as that's the dream scenario for me,watching those poor sods trailing off home in despair at the final whistle.

Looking forwards to Martin nodding one into the top left corner in the 93rd minute,for the winner tomorrow,nice and simple.

COYR.

41 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

We will prevail here....

They are more nervous than us,although meeting us in the play off final should be their main concern as that's the dream scenario for me,watching those poor sods trailing off home in despair at the final whistle.

Looking forwards to Martin nodding one into the top left corner in the 93rd minute,for the winner tomorrow,nice and simple.

COYR.

It would be nice for him to score against Forest.

He's not managed it in all his time here so far, after all.

On 02/07/2020 at 23:18, Pastinaak said:

They've beat us twice this season but we're a very different team now. The two games before we were still shuffling the pack every game trying to get Bennett, Dowell & Paterson in the same 11. Predicting the line up was impossible, the football was shocking.

We're going into this match at the top of the form table. Rooney & Bird, our clear player, and young player of the year, the beating heart of this team of consistent, relentless, winners. A very solid, and very different Derby County.

Forest are absolutely not a better team than us. They will prove nothing more than another victim of the Ram's unstoppable surge to the Premier league.

Could they be this years Leeds? Best us comfortably in the league games then choke in the playoffs? 

Archived