v Forest (H) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

12 hours ago, paintingstandsatderby said:

Don't think pubs are allowed to show any football yet

18 minutes ago, Paese said:

I was thinking the same. ? Thought all live sports were a no at the minute.

Live sports are allowed to be shown, however the volume must not be too loud to stop people from being able to have a conversation, and chanting, shouting, etc are not allowed. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Having watched a couple of episodes of Sunderland till I Die, I'm staggered at how many goals grabban has got for forest as he looked utterly dreadful for the Black Cats.....

He scored loads for Sunderland! That's why he left for Villa halfway through the season.

14 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

He scored loads for Sunderland! That's why he left for Villa halfway through the season.

He's been lethal since he joined Sunderland. In that half season he averaged at just 3.8 shots per goal. At Villa and Forest that's dropped slightly to 4.4. Consistently one of the most clinical forwards in the league. I'm surprised he's managed to maintain that level of consistency given his age.

Hamer

Bogle      Evans        Clarke      Lowe

Rooney     Bird

Waghorn           Sibley          Knight

Martin

Hopefully Bogle will be alright. Lowe is ok at the right but playing him hinders our right side attacking a lot. And that's a problem as it's the side we attack effectively from.

Last year it was left backs, this season seem to favour rb injuries. 

RB is going to be the issue if Bogle is out. Fingers crossed his injury isn't serious. The midfield and forwards pick themselves after the last couple of games IMO. I'd go with:

Hamer

Bogle/Ebosele, Evans, Clarke, Forsyth

Rooney, Bird

Waghorn, Sibley, Knight

Martin

Subs: Roos, A Brown, J Brown, Davies, Hector-Ingram, Holmes, Lowe, Shinnie, Whittaker

Forsyth over Lowe to start to give some height from set pieces. Ebosele to start at RB if Bogle isn't fit... I'm not a big fan of playing defenders out of position and he's been doing a good job there for the academy. Plus, with his pace, he'd have Ameobi in his pocket all game.

26 minutes ago, Dimmu said:

Hopefully Bogle will be alright. Lowe is ok at the right but playing him hinders our right side attacking a lot. And that's a problem as it's the side we attack effectively from.

Last year it was left backs, this season seem to favour rb injuries. 

I would say defensive players.

Keogh - played a few before ending his career
Bogle - 7 games so far
Wisdom - set to miss a few. missed 10 at the start of the season when he was building up his fitness
Bielik - 13 games missed so far
Evans - most of the season
Huddlestone - missed about 30 games (came back for a couple in the middle)
Shinnie - 12 games
Clarke - 8 games

The ones you'd most likely expect to suffer from injuries (Davies, Forsyth, Lowe) have so far managed. Although Fozzy missed most the earlier games when he was rebuilding his fitness after a long term injury.

If Lowe plays at RB so be it, he looks fairly comfortable there any way. The Bird and Rooney will no doubt cover him if he gets into trouble. But I could see Cocu playing one of the academy grads if we have one at right back too, it wouldn’t surprise me given how brilliant he has been at bringing through the rest this season. 

honestly can’t be underrated how he deals with players like Knight and Bird, gives them playing time, drops them back to the 23s when they need a rest from the pressure of the first team and then brings them back in at the right time. Then how he has dealt with the old guard in Davies/Fozzy/Martin looking after their fitness and getting a full season out of them where other managers have failed. 

Also just something I thought yesterday, we are primed for a big win soon, a good 3-5nil game. We’ve scored some goals recently, yesterday proved we can control a game and not let one in. I think it’ll be that time in the winning run where you destroy a team with a big performance! Let’s hope it’s against forest. 

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Can anyone from either club offer me a decent explanation for Lewis Grabban's facial hair? He should be banned from all footballing activities until he gets rid of it. 

I'm all for body positivity but there's a limit for everything. As a pacifist, I think his barber needs a beating.

47 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Can anyone from either club offer me a decent explanation for Lewis Grabban's facial hair? He should be banned from all footballing activities until he gets rid of it. 

Someone told him it's now fashionable to let your pubs grow. Grabban misunderstood and now thinks he's meant to grow them on his face.

2 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

It's a way of grabban publicity and it is working.

Archived