Released list

6 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Surely continuing to pay someone only occurs if there's a suspension involved pending an investigation. If you're sacked then payments should stop immediately.

That's what I'd assumed as well. I know he's fighting it but I'd have thought if he wins then that would be when we have to pay him and not before? But then he's still listed as our player so who knows?

It would seem very unfair to have to continue to pay someone you've sacked until the hearing.

The hearing which has (again - like the EFL charges!) taken a ridiculously long time, surely it could have happened between the sacking and lockdown?

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Rab a dab doo said:

So many rules, laws, regulations, committees and boards etc etc etc

What happened to teams just simply playing football ?

I know, I think I've read more sets of rules, laws and regulations in the past couple of years due to one thing or another happening and trying to understand the implications than I ever imagined was possible for a game of football, it is ridiculous.

Adding here the full list of 56 players, so a bit more easy to read than the source https://www.efl.com/siteassets/image/202021/efl-professional-retain-list---2019-20.pdf

Organising players by position is always fraught.   

Goalkeepers (5)

Scott Carson, Jonathan Mitchell, Henrich Ravas, Kelle Roos, Matt Yates. 

Defence (12)

RB: Jayden Bogle, Andre Wisdom Joe Bateman

LB: Max Lowe, Craig Forsyth, Scott Malone, Lee Buchanan

CB: Curtis Davies, Richard Keogh, Ethan Wassell (o) Jordan Brown, Callum Minkley (o)  (plus Wisdom/Evans/Bielik/Forsyth - listed elsewhere) 

Midfielders (12)

DM: Wayne Rooney, Kristian Bielik, Max Bird, Graeme Shinnie,  George Evans

AM: Louie Sibley, Jason Knight, Tom Lawrence, Duane Holmes, Josh Shonibare (o - but signed ?), Connor Dixon, Aghatise Osazee

Strikers (9)

Jack Marriott, Martyn Waghorn, Jahmal Hector-Ingram, Morgan Whittaker, Cameron Cresswell (o) 

Wide: Marc Josefzoon, Jayden Mitchell Lawson, Tyree Wilson, Mason Bennett (option of Millwall purchase ?)

scholars 

Max Bardell, Archie Brown, Eiran Cashin, Jaden Charles, Bartosz Cybulski, Festy Ebosele, Bradley Foster, Will Grewal-Pollard, Harry Halwax, Hugo Jinkinson, Alex Matthews, Kornell McDonald, Andres Perez De Gracia, Jack Rogers, Harrison Solomon, Jack Stretton , Liam Thompson, Seb Thompson.

3 hours ago, angieram said:

Thanks for the clarification and I think you're probably right. Does that mean we will owe a shed load of money if it eventually goes against us?

If the club still retains his registration as some on here are saying then the club is still paying him as per his contract i would imagine but i may be wrong

1 hour ago, atherstoneram said:

If the club still retains his registration as some on here are saying then the club is still paying him as per his contract i would imagine but i may be wrong

I seem to remember Chelsea sacking Mutu and holding on to his registration until somebody brought it of them 

11 hours ago, angieram said:

Didn't Keogh's contract run until next June? If so, and the tribunal hasn't yet been sorted, he's still our player. 

If it ran out this year, then he's a free agent now, regardless of any appeal.

We surely had to pay his wages until it was heard or the contract ran out  whichever came first? 

Contracts and registration are two different issues. 

6 hours ago, atherstoneram said:

Probably a similar situation as to when you withhold payments for rent due to stuff like the landlord refusing to carry out required repairs. 

Essentially the money should be sent to a separate bank account to prove the money is there and it can be paid instantly if required. We're basically still paying his wages.

3 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Probably a similar situation as to when you withhold payments for rent due to stuff like the landlord refusing to carry out required repairs. 

Essentially the money should be sent to a separate bank account to prove the money is there and it can be paid instantly if required. We're vaginally still paying his wages.

Sounds painful

26 minutes ago, SIXTEEN AGAIN said:

Contracts and registration are two different issues. 

That’s right. A contract of employment outlines the terms and conditions of the employment and is between player and employer, the club.  As such it can be terminated should a player be sacked, or altered if both parties agree (as per players taking a salary cut during covid)

A professional player's registration is different. It’s a requirement of Fifa and any pro player can only be registered with up to 3 clubs per season. When a player transfers to another club they are transferring their registration from club A to Club B which transaction has to be approved by the football authorities. The new contract of employment is then between the player and the new club.

Dcfc will, I think, continue to hold Keogh's registration but his contract of employment has been terminated so we won’t be paying him anything. It will be interesting to see if we demand any payment should he wish to transfer his registration at some point. That may depend upon where he chooses to go.

8 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

That’s right. A contract of employment outlines the terms and conditions of the employment and is between player and employer, the club.  As such it can be terminated should a player be sacked, or altered if both parties agree (as per players taking a salary cut during covid)

A professional player's registration is different. It’s a requirement of Fifa and any pro player can only be registered with up to 3 clubs per season. When a player transfers to another club they are transferring their registration from club A to Club B which transaction has to be approved by the football authorities. The new contract of employment is then between the player and the new club.

Dcfc will, I think, continue to hold Keogh's registration but his contract of employment has been terminated so we won’t be paying him anything. It will be interesting to see if we demand any payment should he wish to transfer his registration at some point. That may depend upon where he chooses to go.

Which is what I suggested......

23 hours ago, RamNut said:

Clubs used to do that in the past. Hang onto the registration show that the player couldn’t go anywhere else in the hope of getting a transfer fee. 
Hopefully in this instance that isn’t the case and it’s just that there is no other club to give it to.

....and if true, I find that attitude totally wrong.
If we’ve sacked him, then let him go free, especially given his previous service,

25 minutes ago, RamNut said:

Which is what I suggested......

....and if true, I find that attitude totally wrong.
If we’ve sacked him, then let him go free, especially given his previous service,

There may be legal issues around this. 

Cancelling your registration has to be by mutual consent. Keogh may not want this as it could prejudice his legal case against the club. The club may not want it for the same reason as the club offered him a new contract prior to the dismissal. The FA also may have a say in it as all player registrations have to be ratified. 

On 24/07/2020 at 18:12, RandomAccessMemory said:

I'm not sure why there's no (o) next to Martin's name in the first list, however it was dated 23rd June, unless it's because he did sign the extension until the end of July where as Huddlestone didn't?

Because he's over 24. If you offer an equal or greater contract to a player under 24, then even if they reject it, you are due a development fee if they move to another English team. Over 24 any player has the right to move to another team regardless of what is offered. Therefore the ones with O are to all intents and purposes still under some form of agreement with us. 

8 minutes ago, Rample said:

Because he's over 24. If you offer an equal or greater contract to a player under 24, then even if they reject it, you are due a development fee if they move to another English team. Over 24 any player has the right to move to another team regardless of what is offered. Therefore the ones with O are to all intents and purposes still under some form of agreement with us. 

Sorry I confused matters by saying first list, I didn't mean the first list on the link, I meant the first list of players I posted. The first list of players I posted was the second list from the link which included Huddlestone in italics with an (o), but not Martin.

On 25/07/2020 at 15:59, California Ram. said:

Adding here the full list of 56 players, so a bit more easy to read than the source https://www.efl.com/siteassets/image/202021/efl-professional-retain-list---2019-20.pdf

Thanks @California Ram. Very interesting. Looks to me like:

Over 24 players due to become free agents:

Ikechi Anya

Tom Huddlestone

Chris Martin

Under 24 players offered new contracts but not taken up as of 23/06/2020:

Cameron Cresswell

Callum Minkley

Josh Shonibare

Ethan Wassall

Matt Yates

Under 24 players due to become free agents / already released:

Alex Babos

Josh Barnes

Sam French

Yohan Greco

Eno Nto

Ethan Sephton

Jauvan Splatt

I missed Nto. Didn’t expect him to be released considering he was only in his first year with the U18s. He was a regular for the first part of the season, including travels with the U19 squad and actually playing in one of the games. He also played a few games for the U18s when he was still in the U16 squad. 

8 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

I missed Nto. Didn’t expect him to be released considering he was only in his first year with the U18s. He was a regular for the first part of the season, including travels with the U19 squad and actually playing in one of the games. He also played a few games for the U18s when he was still in the U16 squad. 

Yes. I’d noticed that Eno Nto’s profile, like that of Sam French, was no longer on the official website. Like you, I was surprised as it’s unusual for a first-year scholar not to complete the two year scholarship.As far as I can tell from Googling, he hasn’t joined another club...

Archived