Released list

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From here https://www.efl.com/siteassets/image/202021/efl-professional-retain-list---2019-20.pdf

The following list includes:

Players given a Free Transfer

Players who have agreed a Season 2019/20 Contract Extension and July Severance Extension

(o) Players in italics are over 24 years of age as at 30th June 2020 and are out of contract, but their club has made an offer of re-engagement

Anya, Babos, Barnes, Greco, Huddlestone (o), Martin, Sephton, Splatt

Also from the main list

CLUB LIST OF REGISTERED PLAYERS

AS AT 23rd June 2020

KEY

(o) indicates players who are under the age of 24 years, whose current contracts expire on 30th June 2020 and to whom the club has made an offer of re-engagement

Cresswell, Minkley, Shonibare, Wassall and Yates all had (o) by their names.

I'm not sure why there's no (o) next to Martin's name in the first list, however it was dated 23rd June, unless it's because he did sign the extension until the end of July where as Huddlestone didn't?

2 hours ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

From here https://www.efl.com/siteassets/image/202021/efl-professional-retain-list---2019-20.pdf

Anya, Babos, Barnes, Greco, Huddlestone (o), Martin, Sephton, Splatt

Also from the main list

Cresswell, Minkley, Shonibare, Wassall and Yates all had (o) by their names.

I'm not sure why there's no (o) next to Martin's name in the first list, however it was dated 23rd June, unless it's because he did sign the extension until the end of July where as Huddlestone didn't?

Surprised we let Minkley’s run down so late

10 hours ago, jimbobram said:

Could you imagine Shinnie, sat in his room, editing a chris martin video ?

That's hilarious. Fangirling over his team mate, so much so he's lovingly making a complimentary video about his hero?

5 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I might be missing something here. But why?

Didn’t we sack him in November? I know he was appealing that but surely that wouldn’t take 7 months to resolve would it?

Entirely different from being employed by Derby. Just like hoe the registered d keeper of a car can be entirely different from the owner. 

Clubs used to do that in the past. Hang onto the registration show that the player couldn’t go anywhere else in the hope of getting a transfer fee. 
Hopefully in this instance that isn’t the case and it’s just that there is no other club to give it to.

1 hour ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I might be missing something here. But why?

Didn’t we sack him in November? I know he was appealing that but surely that wouldn’t take 7 months to resolve would it?

Being removed from a playing contract does not remove the registration as these are time allotted.

Keogh would not have agreed to becoming to free agent as this will have been detrimental to his case against the club which is still ongoing as far as i am aware.

For registrations to be cancelled ,it has to be agreed both parties and the EFL.( ie Mutual Consent).

It is a mute point now as the registration ended on 30th June.

Didn't Keogh's contract run until next June? If so, and the tribunal hasn't yet been sorted, he's still our player. 

If it ran out this year, then he's a free agent now, regardless of any appeal.

We surely had to pay his wages until it was heard or the contract ran out  whichever came first? 

2 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

I was too, hopefully we've got him signed up now. ?

I know Shonibare signed a new contract from the tweet earlier in the thread, so it might be the same with the others.

Is Minkley highly rated?

Of the players I'm aware of he is one I know very little about.

38 minutes ago, angieram said:

Didn't Keogh's contract run until next June? If so, and the tribunal hasn't yet been sorted, he's still our player. 

If it ran out this year, then he's a free agent now, regardless of any appeal.

We surely had to pay his wages until it was heard or the contract ran out  whichever came first? 

I'd be very surprised if we had to pay his wages in the interim, but I don't know how it works.

It would seem strange to have sacked him in November (I think it was?) and then had to pay him for months while the appeal was going on because if he loses it surely he would owe us that back as the sacking would be ratified as happening in November?

2 minutes ago, RandomAccessMemory said:

I'd be very surprised if we had to pay his wages in the interim, but I don't know how it works.

It would seem strange to have sacked him in November (I think it was?) and then had to pay him for months while the appeal was going on because if he loses it surely he would owe us that back as the sacking would be ratified as happening in November?

Surely continuing to pay someone only occurs if there's a suspension involved pending an investigation. If you're sacked then payments should stop immediately.

Archived