Jeff Hendrick to AC Milan?!

Bubbles

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AC Milan are fairly broke so any international on a free from the premiership will be attractive despite plenty on here who try to snipe at the lad who has been our most successful transfer to the premiership in probably the last 10 years 

27 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

AC Milan are fairly broke so any international on a free from the premiership will be attractive despite plenty on here who try to snipe at the lad who has been our most successful transfer to the premiership in probably the last 10 years 

Yes . it's strange. I know Clough always rated him as did i, primarily as he was as comfortable with either foot .  Whilst at Derby he was often asked to fill a role as a holding midfielder as he had the size but not the bulk which was why he missed out sometimes, he struggled with it. We really only seen him fit that role well when he bulked up end of 15/16.  Then went on to have an excellent Euros.  If Emmanuel Petit named him as one his top 3 midfielders there who am I to argue. First game of the 16/17 against Brighton he was by far the best player on the pitch, the complete package - then gone.

wasn't to impressed with him having a go re the Keogh incident earlier in the season.  But I believe he has proved to have more attributes than Hughes as a complete midfielder since his move.

3 hours ago, Sparkle said:

You can respect him as a player while still finding this slightly strange.

Jeff is a naturally gifted footballer. He has great control, two good feet, decent engine, can pass, shoot, read a game, he possibly lacks a yard of pace and its not easy to say what his best position is.

I always thought he'd be a great no.10, maybe a Sheringham to someone like Shearer?

He'll do well in Italy I think, its not as frantic as over here and he may have a bit more time on the ball to influence things.

I just don’t think he’s ever found what he is;

• When he first broke through he looked like a tidy ball-player 

• His second season he looked like a rampaging midfielder 

• Under McClaren he just played to the system

• Then under Clement he had a few stormers at #10 showing some ridiculous feet we’d never seen before 

• He finally played well as a DM during Istanhull

• And then he’s been doing doggies at Burnley for four years

He’s tidy with the ball, he can carry the ball, he’s got nice feet, he can shoot from distance with either foot

He’s probably a Gerrardesque #10 but without the personality to grab games by the scruff of the neck, even with us he’d drift in and out of form even within the same game 

Milan aren't a superpower anymore. 

The days of Seedorf, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Cafu, Gattusso, Ambrosini and Shevchenko might as well be in black and white. 

I could see Hendrick doing fine there. Probably suit him more than Burnley if he could settle in

Archived