Merson

Seaside Ram

That prat Paul Merson just said on Sky in the documentary about Arsenal winning league in 89 that when Derby won 2-1 @ Highbury on the penultimate Saturday the Rams were in the bottom 3 ! 

One more game and we finished 5th ?

Ps I was there that day ! ????

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

That prat Paul Merson just said on Sky in the documentary about Arsenal winning league in 89 that when Derby won 2-1 @ Highbury on the penultimate Saturday the Rams were in the bottom 3 ! 

Annoying isn;t it.  Remember watching one of those hundred premier league moment shows. The eleven points obviously gets a mention. Joe Swash waxing lyrical that the premier league was the best in the world and that's 'why we have clubs like Derby County, to remind us of that'. err you support West Ham the tinpot shithouses. Show us ya league trophys. 

10 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

I watched that and spotted it.  That game’s featured in fever pitch.  Didn’t we do the double over them that year?

15 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

I watched it a few weeks ago and noticed the same thing.  Other than that I do like him as a man.  He came across very well in that Harry Redknapp England veterans thing on ITV the other week as well.

Back to '89, I was really hoping Tony Adams would say something along the lines of "All I can remember from that game was Dean Saunders making me look a bamford all game".  But alas, he didn't give us any credit either...

20 hours ago, Seaside Ram said:

Wasnt merson basically a***holed continuously until about 1997?

No wonder his memory lacks accuracy ?

Archived