Andre Wisdom

Curtains

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Not wishing to politicise this in any way but it's high time the scourge of knife crime was addressed. Politicians wring their hands and mutter platitudes but while I agree that the root causes need addressing, an armistice immediately followed by the introduction of a mandatory 2 year sentence for carrying a blade, with a minimum 5 to 7 years for any second offence, would give all these horrible bamfords some pause for thought. This is the way gun crime is addressed and IMO the one is as serious as the other. I suspect we are, statically speaking, significantly more likely to be stabbed to death than shot and yet the dithering continues.

People in our cities need to be able to go about their lives without the fear of attack by street robbers or other random bamfords. After all, if a unit like Andre couldn't defend himself, what chance do others have, especially our older citizens? 

As much as I agree, given the current situation allied with the make up of knife crime perpetrators in the UK, I'm not sure mandatory jail sentences for people carrying knives is going to go down well right now.

This isnt the first serious attack on a footballer and it is only a matter of time before one is killed. Maybe then the Government may take it seriously.

Wisdom is a proper unit and you have to wonder had it been anyone else whether the outcome would have been different.

22 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Not wishing to politicise this in any way but it's high time the scourge of knife crime was addressed. Politicians wring their hands and mutter platitudes but while I agree that the root causes need addressing, an armistice immediately followed by the introduction of a mandatory 2 year sentence for carrying a blade, with a minimum 5 to 7 years for any second offence, would give all these horrible bamfords some pause for thought. This is the way gun crime is addressed and IMO the one is as serious as the other. I suspect we are, statically speaking, significantly more likely to be stabbed to death than shot and yet the dithering continues.

People in our cities need to be able to go about their lives without the fear of attack by street robbers or other random bamfords. After all, if a unit like Andre couldn't defend himself, what chance do others have, especially our older citizens? 

Totally agree, but where do you put them all. It’s like drugs, it’s endemic. As I have walked local streets in an area of Derby with mixed housing and diverse prosperity during this pandemic, I have seen drug deals going down on a daily basis in broad daylight and you can bet that at least one participant in every little interaction was armed. 

Good to see the video shared by Andre’s brother of him out of hospital and moving around unaided. He’s got a bit of a limp but the man’s a machine.

I genuinely have no idea on a recovery time, it’s not exactly something that can have a rough time frame applied when there’s so many extenuating factors.

It’ll be great to have him back in the side however long it takes though.

Great to see him up and moving about, although saying that I’m guessing sitting down wouldn’t be that comfortable at the minute!

Wouldn’t be surprised if Netflix approach us to follow us for a season, what Cocu has had to deal with in his first season is incredible really, some nights he must go home and question what he signed up to.

If we manage to make the top 6 he should be given the manager of the season award regardless of what happens after.

29 minutes ago, David said:

Great to see him up and moving about, although saying that I’m guessing sitting down wouldn’t be that comfortable at the minute!

Wouldn’t be surprised if Netflix approach us to follow us for a season, what Cocu has had to deal with in his first season is incredible really, some nights he must go home and question what he signed up to.

If we manage to make the top 6 he should be given the manager of the season award regardless of what happens after.

If Netflix did approach us, if Mel Morris was our version of the Tiger King, then I guess Steve Gibson would be Carol Baskin.

32 minutes ago, David said:

Knowing us, that'll be the one 'normal' season we have 

33 minutes ago, David said:

You’ve done it now.

So, who would play the key roles?

Archived