Andre Wisdom

Curtains

16 minutes ago, Topram said:

Extra money should go to making a Cocu flag the guys had to deal with so much this season showed his class how he’s just got on with it

Actually was thinking the extra should go to Victim Support charity. 

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A spokeswoman for Merseyside Police said officers received reports that a 27-year-old man was walking to his car at around 4.30am when he was assaulted by four men wearing masks and armed with knives.

The gang also stole his "designer watch" during the attack.

Wisdom suffered stab wounds to his buttocks and head and was taken to hospital, although his injuries are not understood to be life threatening.

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/andre-wisdom-stabbed-head-backside-18512286

9 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Only ever been in this position once. Somebody pulled a knife out on me on a saturday night while I was sitting at the top of Babbington Lane. Must be twenty five years ago.  Instead of backing off I took the chance and challenged him to come ahead and his arse went.  It could have gone the other way of course but at the time i was twenty two and could handle myself ok.  Would be a different story now being heavier,slower and the thought of loved ones making you pause for thought in that situation. 

At the time your all guns blazing, but the following day it struck me as bizarre someone would do this for no reason than to do it, especially with witnesses around.  I suspect he may have had mental health issues as it was the time that care in the community initiatives were being rolled out . I'm sure that in some instances, this kind of problem linked to mental illness is still prevelant but its so common nowadays and most of these instances are clearly not.

I was robbed at knifepoint once over thirty years ago on a pedestrian footbridge in a not so nice part of Manchester. He walked up right next to me and then spun suddenly on his heels so he was right in front of my face and pressed the knife against my stomach. There was no room for me to push him away or lash out, there was nowhere for me to run, and the feel of the knife against my skin was truly terrifying. He quickly found my wallet and then ran off. It was all over in an instant and I came away unscathed.

A knife is always more effective than a pair of fists, no matter how hard you are. That's why they use them. He was a professional who had obviously done it dozens of times and had had plenty of time to perfect his routine. I was young at the time and it certainly didn't stop me from going out at night afterwards, but now I'm over 60 I sometimes wonder what my chances would be against a young man with a blade, (i.e. zero).

I one took a wrong turn off the motorway in Amsterdam at night and ended up in Bijlmermeer, which is a notorious crime-riddled, drug-addicted high-rise ghetto, a real no-go area.  I was very relieved when I found the way out. They would have no qualms about putting a brick through your windscreen. I suppose driving around Toxteth in a Porsche, with or without satnav, would make Andre Wisdom a prime target. People do it for a living, and it will get even worse when unemployment rises in future.

I feel for you Wiz and hope you make a speedy recovery.

59 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if that’s someone using a fake name to be honest. Not trying to sound rude, but I’d imagine Gary Rowett would donate more than £5 if he were to donate.

He must be on a tight budget at Millwall 

51 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

It’s brilliant that a sickening act of inhumanity is rapidly trumped by an uplifting act of humanity. I welled up when I read this. Well done to everybody who responded. Wouldn’t surprise me to see Andre back for Saturday. Just a shame we can’t be there to give him a huge cheer. 

14 hours ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Not wishing to politicise this in any way but it's high time the scourge of knife crime was addressed. Politicians wring their hands and mutter platitudes but while I agree that the root causes need addressing, an armistice immediately followed by the introduction of a mandatory 2 year sentence for carrying a blade, with a minimum 5 to 7 years for any second offence, would give all these horrible bamfords some pause for thought. This is the way gun crime is addressed and IMO the one is as serious as the other. I suspect we are, statically speaking, significantly more likely to be stabbed to death than shot and yet the dithering continues.

People in our cities need to be able to go about their lives without the fear of attack by street robbers or other random bamfords. After all, if a unit like Andre couldn't defend himself, what chance do others have, especially our older citizens? 

The legislation is there blame soft policing and Judiciary.

I'm not bothered about promotion, there are clearly bigger things in the world at the minute, however!

It would be absolutely marvelous if we won at Wembley and Wisdom was there to lift the trophy!

If he even plays again this season after what he has been through, he should be granted legendary status within our fanbase.

Archived