Andre Wisdom

Curtains

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Squid said:

Fantastic mate. Thank you very much ? 

It's small beans, i'll skip a starter on the takeaway at the weekend, but if we all chip in a little it adds up.

Obviously, there are a million good causes to donate to, and never enough charity to fix the worlds problems, but if you can give a little here, there, it does make a difference.

Cheers!

Not wishing to politicise this in any way but it's high time the scourge of knife crime was addressed. Politicians wring their hands and mutter platitudes but while I agree that the root causes need addressing, an armistice immediately followed by the introduction of a mandatory 2 year sentence for carrying a blade, with a minimum 5 to 7 years for any second offence, would give all these horrible bamfords some pause for thought. This is the way gun crime is addressed and IMO the one is as serious as the other. I suspect we are, statically speaking, significantly more likely to be stabbed to death than shot and yet the dithering continues.

People in our cities need to be able to go about their lives without the fear of attack by street robbers or other random bamfords. After all, if a unit like Andre couldn't defend himself, what chance do others have, especially our older citizens? 

16 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Not wishing to politicise this in any way but it's high time the scourge of knife crime was addressed. Politicians wring their hands and mutter platitudes but while I agree that the root causes need addressing, an armistice immediately followed by the introduction of a mandatory 2 year sentence for carrying a blade, with a minimum 5 to 7 years for any second offence, would give all these horrible bamfords some pause for thought. This is the way gun crime is addressed and IMO the one is as serious as the other. I suspect we are, statically speaking, significantly more likely to be stabbed to death than shot and yet the dithering continues.

People in our cities need to be able to go about their lives without the fear of attack by street robbers or other random bamfords. After all, if a unit like Andre couldn't defend himself, what chance do others have, especially our older citizens? 

Knife crime is a serious problem. What to do about is probably not for this thread, but, i live in Glasgow and there have been 2 stabbing incidents that were in the news over the weekend, totally unrelated, both with serious consequences where a knife has escalated things and people have lost their lives - however, it's not just those incidents that make the news, I know personally of one the neighborhood kids got threatened with a knife having his bike robbed off him, apparently they've done that to quite a few other kids. Like the person who stabbed Andre, penny to a pound that Wisdom isn't the first person he's robbed with that knife.

I don't have the answers, but it's a very serious problem in a lot of towns and cities.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Knife crime is a serious problem. What to do about is probably not for this thread, but, i live in Glasgow and there have been 2 stabbing incidents that were in the news over the weekend, totally unrelated, both with serious consequences where a knife has escalated things and people have lost their lives - however, it's not just those incidents that make the news, I know personally of one the neighborhood kids got threatened with a knife having his bike robbed off him, apparently they've done that to quite a few other kids. Like the person who stabbed Andre, penny to a pound that Wisdom isn't the first person he's robbed with that knife.

I don't have the answers, but it's a very serious problem in a lot of towns and cities.

1 hour ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

Only ever been in this position once. Somebody pulled a knife out on me on a saturday night while I was sitting at the top of Babbington Lane. Must be twenty five years ago.  Instead of backing off I took the chance and challenged him to come ahead and his arse went.  It could have gone the other way of course but at the time i was twenty two and could handle myself ok.  Would be a different story now being heavier,slower and the thought of loved ones making you pause for thought in that situation. 

At the time your all guns blazing, but the following day it struck me as bizarre someone would do this for no reason than to do it, especially with witnesses around.  I suspect he may have had mental health issues as it was the time that care in the community initiatives were being rolled out . I'm sure that in some instances, this kind of problem linked to mental illness is still prevelant but its so common nowadays and most of these instances are clearly not.

Sith Happens

unbelievable, hope he is ok and better soon. 

main thing is for him to get better,  if he is or isn't available for matches any time soon becomes irrelevant when something like this happen.

Surely Wednesday’s match will be postponed?

I am not sure the players and the staff on either side will be in the right frame of mind to play football when something as troubling as this happens to someone so close to them.

What a relief that Wisdom is stable and his injuries were not life threatening. Let’s hope he has a speedy recovery and he’ll be back playing at the start of next season. He’ll need some time.

If we do play on, Wisdom will be a massive loss. We were just starting to look settled in defence and he was looking good.

Let’s hope it lights a fire under us. I don’t think any more motivation is needed for Cocu and the boys to turn on the style and charge into those play-off positions. Do it for Andre, boys.

7 hours ago, cannable said:

Driving yourself home and ringing the police rather than an ambulance after receiving multiple stab wounds is peak Andre Wisdom ?

My only surprise is that he didn’t smash the youth’s face in who did it 

Who's to say he didn't!

If he was fit enough to drive home (as is being hinted at on here), he may well have been fit enough to fight back?  He's hardly going to advertise the fact that he pummelled the little bamford and left him lying in the gutter, particularly if said bamford has since been dragged home by his mates and gone into hiding.  If the Rozzers don't find him, nobody will ever know!
I wouldn't go as far as to question Wiz on the matter, of course, but it makes me feel a bit better for him this morning, imaging that as a likely scenario!  In fact it's brought a nice big smile to my face!   ? ?

Just woken up to this on 5Live. He’s stable thank goodness, club say he’ll make a full recovery. I despair at how much scum are sharing our country and planet. Come back stronger Andre. Will add to fund 

Archived