Mike te Wierik

Sean

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Interesting comment about Steve McClaren.

I think it is safe to say that if Steve had have stayed we would never have heard about Sibley, Bird, Bogle, Lowe or Knight.

That ignores the thoughts of the owner, he would not have had a choice. In any event it was 3 years since Mac was here and the academy product is now of a different quality. Who didn't get a chance when he was with us?

5 hours ago, sunnyhill60 said:

That ignores the thoughts of the owner, he would not have had a choice. In any event it was 3 years since Mac was here and the academy product is now of a different quality. Who didn't get a chance when he was with us?

Elsnik? Vernam? Thomas? Rawson? Hanson?

Not a criticism, just thinking who made the squad or played a few times.

I thought the first two would have played more times. 

The u23s - or whatever they were called then - were completely overhauled in mac1’s time, after he apparently said we had nothing. 
the club went out and signed half a new team including Mitchell, roos, klobenz, bunjaku, calero, Santos and macdonald. 

for memory the team was....

ROOS / MITCHELL

HENDRIE      RAWSON.    HANSON.     LOWE

KLOBENZ

BUNJAKU.       ?

SANTOS.       THOMAS.       CALERO

calero scored goals but got little opportunity to join the first team squad

santos did well in one game - maybe a league cup game - but never featured again.

bunjaku got no opportunity at all.

however, our first team was very much on song. Why would we disrupt that when we were going for promotion?

And none of them have gone on to play at championship level bar Roos and Lowe, both of whom are taking a long time to establish themselves. 

45 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Hanson played a reasonable amount under McClaren to be fair.

He only actually played 2 games under McClaren towards the back end of the 14/15 season, one against Norwich away when he scored direct from a corner on his debut and then again in the defeat to ‘Boro at home.

He featured more regularly the following season under Clement/Wassall.

7 minutes ago, Heisenberg said:

He only actually played 2 games under McClaren towards the back end of the 14/15 season, one against Norwich away when he scored direct from a corner on his debut and then again in the defeat to ‘Boro at home.

He featured more regularly the following season under Clement/Wassall.

I was thinking more of Mac2.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

Cue:  Gibbo with that immortal line: "Welcome to Derby"

"First things first, Mike..."

A lesson in how to do a full interview without actually posing a question, usually leading to some of the more awkward interviews I've ever seen.

Let's hope he's shielding and @OwenB87has done it.

18 minutes ago, Retro_RAM said:

Would love to see Hart for Derby certainly good enough for the championship. We need a solid keeper, I mean when was the last time we could debate about our best players with a keeper in the conversation? Poom?

yes 

Archived