Rams TV or Sky

Sith Happens

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Igor_111 said:

Seems like a common cause is that the main box is too full from saved recordings. Have you tried to remove some old content to see if that works?  People are stating that once the deleted recordings are removed and then some older content removed also, once they unplug and restart devices one by one it seems to have gotten it working again. 

Typical Derby fans, living in the past

8 hours ago, SunnyRam said:

Isn't it funny how most fans that chant about their disgust of Sky TV at games are now thankful about being able to watch on Sky TV. 

Is it not possible to vent your anger at Sky for constantly messing matchgoing fans about, whilst also using their services when required?

I find Amazon's treatment of their workers an absolute disgrace, but I (perhaps shamefully) don't boycott the service, as I know my sole voice won't make a difference. I'm sure we all abhor the existence of sweatshops, yet the vast majority of us have smartphones built by underpaid workers. 

It's possible to demand change whilst still begrudgingly using a service as and when needed.

I’ve been watching Rams Tv for the last two games as I took  the option with it plus 10% off next seasons ticket price. Unfortunately I’ve had problems seeing the whole games through without it buffering, freezing and just losing the whole picture. Spend most of the matches resetting! In the past I’ve played it through the laptop with the sky lead plugged into it which is fine for the most part but still isn’t perfect. I’ve now managed to finally set up the internet on the smart tv but only managed to watch half of each game before having to use the laptop again or my phone. I’d love to use rams tv again but will be watching our sky when we’re on now to guarantee actually watching the whole game through. Also I can record the games and watch them after if I want to. I usually keep them if we win and scrap them if we lose! 

As much as I love the Rams TV service, streaming means a worse TV picture. It's the same when you watch Netflix. Doesn't help the EFL camera people are pretty poor too.

If Rams TV had their own pay per month TV channel in the future, I would happily give them my money over Sky. We can dream.

7 hours ago, dcfc the 1 4me said:

I’ve been watching Rams Tv for the last two games as I took  the option with it plus 10% off next seasons ticket price. Unfortunately I’ve had problems seeing the whole games through without it buffering, freezing and just losing the whole picture. Spend most of the matches resetting! In the past I’ve played it through the laptop with the sky lead plugged into it which is fine for the most part but still isn’t perfect. I’ve now managed to finally set up the internet on the smart tv but only managed to watch half of each game before having to use the laptop again or my phone. I’d love to use rams tv again but will be watching our sky when we’re on now to guarantee actually watching the whole game through. Also I can record the games and watch them after if I want to. I usually keep them if we win and scrap them if we lose! 

I have experienced buffering in both games so far - just once in each case.

Other than that I have been impressed. The commentary has been balanced and informed. Sure, there have been a few random camera switches during the action but I still think I’ve had my £10 worth.

9 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Is it not possible to vent your anger at Sky for constantly messing matchgoing fans about, whilst also using their services when required?

I find Amazon's treatment of their workers an absolute disgrace, but I (perhaps shamefully) don't boycott the service, as I know my sole voice won't make a difference. I'm sure we all abhor the existence of sweatshops, yet the vast majority of us have smartphones built by underpaid workers. 

It's possible to demand change whilst still begrudgingly using a service as and when needed.

We all know what we are signing up for at the start of a season with Sky these days. They give plenty of notice about date or time changes. 

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

I have experienced buffering in both games so far - just once in each case.

Other than that I have been impressed. The commentary has been balanced and informed. Sure, there have been a few random camera switches during the action but I still think I’ve had my £10 worth.

I’ve certainly been impressed by it, especially the commentary and would opt for it every time. I know my internet is notoriously slow and that seems to be the problem for me. 

22 hours ago, angieram said:

We've done all that! 

Followed @RoyMac5 's link and we aren't the only one having the same problem. Anyway, it's working again now. 

Probably won't be next time we switch it on.

I've had a few problems the last week or so with the sports channels and some others breaking up. Mostly down to the high winds and thunderstorms of late. Sometimes it breaks up for a second and then picture is fine but sound doesn't return! 

5 hours ago, SouthStandDan said:

As much as I love the Rams TV service, streaming means a worse TV picture. It's the same when you watch Netflix.

This is nonsense. Netflix and other streaming services offer a continually higher bit rate than Sky channels do now. Both Netflix/Prime and even BT's 4K streaming looks impeccable. Sky hyper compress everything to fit more channels on their transponders. If your Netflix/Prime/Rams TV isn't looking good then your TV setup or internet speeds may be the issue.

2 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

This is nonsense. Netflix and other streaming services offer a continually higher bit rate than Sky channels do now. Both Netflix/Prime and even BT's 4K streaming looks impeccable. Sky hyper compress everything to fit more channels on their transponders. If your Netflix/Prime/Rams TV isn't looking good then your TV setup or internet speeds may be the issue.

BT and Netflix picture quality is absolutely brilliant on the Apple TV 4K APP, it makes SKY UHD look like an old scart connected box.

2 hours ago, ThePrisoner said:

I have Netflix and Disney+ with an LG Oled TV and rarely watch either through the Sky apps as the picture / sound is better through the TV Apps than Sky which are, as you say compressed. 

Archived