Rams TV or Sky

Sith Happens

1 hour ago, Paul71 said:

With the next 3 games on sky, will those of you who took the Rams TV option but also have Sky watch on Rams TV or Sky?

I think I'm going to go with Rams TV. Whilst Sky persist in offering employment to the likes of Don Goodman & David Prutton, I don't really feel the quality of analysis is good enough. Keith Andrews is better but overall its very generalised (nonsense like Wayne Rooney's Derby County for example) - by contrast Shane Nicholson offers more insight into how we tick.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, angieram said:

We are having dreadful problems with our Sky box at the moment - keeps telling us 'no signal available' every time live football comes on but works fine for every other channel and for any non-live sky sports (through same sky box.) We just can't fathom it and because we're not 'old or vulnerable' enough (!) Sky won't take our calls. 

So Rams TV is a must and if anyone can shed any light on what our problem is, please let me know. My DM is open.

Turn the box off at the wall. Wait for 10 secs and turn it back on at the wall. Normally works.

28 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Turn the box off at the wall. Wait for 10 secs and turn it back on at the wall. Normally works.

We've done all that! 

Followed @RoyMac5 's link and we aren't the only one having the same problem. Anyway, it's working again now. 

Probably won't be next time we switch it on.

It's a no brainer for me. I already subscribe to the Full Package on Sky, so I'm obviously not going to fork out an extra tenner, when I've already paid Sky for it. I have paid twenty pounds to watch the last two games, and found the Rams TV coverage excellent value for money. If, and when there's no way i can watch, other than pay per view,  i'll not think twice about investing the odd tenner. 

@angieram,  no help to you atm, unless engineers are  back working, but our dish got knocked 'out of kilt' by extreme weather last year. This caused similar problems to what you are experiencing now,  the engineer re-aligned dish with HER fancy equiptment, and jobs a gud 'un..

1 hour ago, StockholmRam said:

I dont usually get the option of both when Derby are on sky. Rams TV isnt allowed to broadcast. 

I think that (sort of) is still the case. I believe pay per view DCTV is not available on the UK for the next 3 games, it will only be for season ticket option 3s and (some?) international.

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Have you continued to hold after the 'old/vunerable' message? I've seen posters on Sky forum say they do answer just not as quickly. Or try posting on their forum as Sky customer service agents are on them.

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky/bd-p/sky-boxes

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky/No-satellite-signal-Sky-Sports-main-event-and-Sky-Football/td-p/3370024

Seems like a common cause is that the main box is too full from saved recordings. Have you tried to remove some old content to see if that works?  People are stating that once the deleted recordings are removed and then some older content removed also, once they unplug and restart devices one by one it seems to have gotten it working again. 

59 minutes ago, Igor_111 said:

Seems like a common cause is that the main box is too full from saved recordings. Have you tried to remove some old content to see if that works?  People are stating that once the deleted recordings are removed and then some older content removed also, once they unplug and restart devices one by one it seems to have gotten it working again. 

Also in the settings somewhere you can view your signal strength and quality for each of the 2 LNB connections. Maybe the dish has moved a little. 

My signal went to crap after BT did some work outside and it was down to the cable in the back of the sky box coming loose from the connector. Probably his drill shook the wall enough to make the cable come out slightly. Took it out and put the end back on and it was fine. 

5 hours ago, angieram said:

We are having dreadful problems with our Sky box at the moment - keeps telling us 'no signal available' every time live football comes on but works fine for every other channel and for any non-live sky sports (through same sky box.) We just can't fathom it and because we're not 'old or vulnerable' enough (!) Sky won't take our calls. 

So Rams TV is a must and if anyone can shed any light on what our problem is, please let me know. My DM is open.

Have you cancelled your sports subscription by accident maybe??  the catch up stuff is free to view but all live sports need a subscription. There were 2 options when it all kicked off with the Covid outbreak. Suspend or Cancel the sports add on. Sounds like your sports subscription may have been cancelled. 

10 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

Have you cancelled your sports subscription by accident maybe??  the catch up stuff is free to view but all live sports need a subscription. There were 2 options when it all kicked off with the Covid outbreak. Suspend or Cancel the sports add on. Sounds like your sports subscription may have been cancelled. 

I have no idea! I think we suspended it. We are watching it now (come home, Will Hughes) but it's just as likely not to work next time we switch it on.

I get a bit fretty (if that’s a word ) setting Up iPad and rams TV .. battery charged, logging on, am I on the right feed ? but that apart it’s the game I want to watch and I am not bothered about in depth analysis from relative strangers so I am enjoying RAMS TV. Commentary is good, and so much better than radio Derby “we’re all doomed” hyperbole. 

Were it not for the likely delay in syncing pictures and sound I would have the sky pics on the tv with Owen's commentary from the laptop which I think is brilliant. 

Don Goodman's punditry is awful on Sky but so is Andy Hinchcliffe's and even worse Tony Gayle's. I don't mind Danny Higginbotham though.

Rams TV for me. We are on Virgin Media because any other option means having a BT phone line, and they wrecked my career because of their cheapskate computer keyboards. It also means I am having to work till I'm 66 years old to get my state pension when I could have been retired 3 years ago. So no to anything BT.

But on Virgin Media I can't justify the King's ransom to pay for Sky sports. And although their coverage is more thorough and professional, they also have a lot of pundits who favour just about any team we are playing over the Rams.

6 hours ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I think I'm going to go with Rams TV. Whilst Sky persist in offering employment to the likes of Don Goodman & David Prutton, I don't really feel the quality of analysis is good enough. Keith Andrews is better but overall its very generalised (nonsense like Wayne Rooney's Derby County for example) - by contrast Shane Nicholson offers more insight into how we tick.

To be fair to sky. We did sign their best pundit

Archived