v Preston (A) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

Jamal Hector Ingram on the bench tonight? If Martin and Waghorn both start, which I fully expect, then we don't have an attacking option to bring on.

I'd like to see Evans ahead of Davies tonight - much better with the ball at feet.

We've now lost Wisdom, Huddlestone, Lawrence, Marriott from being in the squad. I exclude Anya!

Ouchee!

And Bielik

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply
37 minutes ago, twinthe_12 said:

Our defence and goalkeeper is the worst side of the team.

First Hamer have to give place to Roos.

Secondly - we have to be more solid  in defence. When the backfour goes forward and lose the ball we all to open and rush baclk with only Hamer to avoid a goal. Therefor I go for A 3-2-4-1 vs. Preston:

ROOS

EVANS        CLARKE      FORSYTH

BOGLE                                                                       LOWE

ROONEY 

KNIGHT        SIBLEY         BIRD

WAGHORN

Bogle and Lowe are now able to play a more advanced role as wingbacks and ue Sibley as a 10 behind Waghorn. 

We've won four in a row and you'd completely change formation to one we haven't played this season?

Just realised it’s a 5pm kick off time. Hang your heads in shame Sky. 

They realise football is nothing without fans which is why they are pumping fake crowd noise in to games, yet move a game to 5pm, a time where many will be unable to watch now restrictions are easing and people are back at work.

2020 has been a rough year for many, Football is a release, a way out from what’s going on in the world and this is what you do?

Hang. Your. Heads. In. Shame.

44 minutes ago, David said:

They realise football is nothing without fans which is why they are pumping fake crowd noise in to games, yet move a game to 5pm, a time where many will be unable to watch now restrictions are easing and people are back at work.

2020 has been a rough year for many, Football is a release, a way out from what’s going on in the world and this is what you do?

I agree its a very odd time for a kickoff , but it works out perfectly for me . Working from home can stop at 4:30 , stick on rams tv for the pregame show and cook tea just in time for it to start , perfick

19 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

I agree its a very odd time for a kickoff , but it works out perfectly for me . Working from home can stop at 4:30 , stick on rams tv for the pregame show and cook tea just in time for it to start , perfick

Doesn't effect me at all, just feel for those that work 9-5 jobs and won't get home until the second half

14 minutes ago, David said:

Doesn't effect me at all, just feel for those that work 9-5 jobs and won't get home until the second half

Can i get a 'feel' for working 11-12 hour shifts on average the whole way through lock down collecting waste, usually starting 5-530am? 

I'll be eternally grateful. 

I'm glad today is one of my easier days so I'll be home for 4/430, traffic permitting (touch wood). 

1 hour ago, David said:

Another way to look at is this, it’s a nothing of a game with little interest for anyone outside of Derby or Preston. There are several premier league games on later which they have paid hundreds of millions for. These games have far more demand nationwide and worldwide than ours. By putting this game on early, the championship clubs gain much needed, extra income which they would otherwise miss out on. Thank you sky for your flexibility and support for the cash strapped championship. Those who take any and every opportunity to slag Sky TV off, just because it may not suit them, should hang their heads in Shame. ??

5 minutes ago, 1967RAMS said:

Another way to look at is this, it’s a nothing of a game with little interest for anyone outside of Derby or Preston. There are several premier league games on later which they have paid hundreds of millions for. These games have far more demand nationwide and worldwide than ours. By putting this game on early, the championship clubs gain much needed, extra income which they would otherwise miss out on. Thank you sky for your flexibility and support for the cash strapped championship. Those who take any and every opportunity to slag Sky TV off, just because it may not suit them, should hang their heads in Shame. ??

I actually defend Sky a lot on this forum, but this deserves being called out.

If like you say it’s a nothing game, then it wouldn’t matter if they showed it on Sky Football alongside Premier League game on their dedicated channel.

Sky should absolutely hang their heads in shame on this one, it’s wrong, very wrong. 

42 minutes ago, Wazztie16 said:

Can i get a 'feel' for working 11-12 hour shifts on average the whole way through lock down collecting waste, usually starting 5-530am? 

I'll be eternally grateful. 

I'm glad today is one of my easier days so I'll be home for 4/430, traffic permitting (touch wood). 

Better that than cloth. Been stuck in traffic touching cloth.  Not fun ?

The 5pm KO is a nightmare for a lot of people but at least they're covering it and for me personally, my usual commute into London has been stopped until further notice so, as Jack would say, I'm alright.  Calendar been booked out as Out of Office from 5 since this was announced.  Can't wait. 

Positive about today's fixture,we normally do well against PNE and with results last night and the weekend generally going in our favour think the team will have the impetus to play offensive football. With Prestons recent poor form and our defensive frailaties offensive football should be our objective and securing all 3 points.

Coyr

3 minutes ago, David said:

I actually defend Sky a lot on this forum, but this deserves being called out.

If like you say it’s a nothing game, then it wouldn’t matter if they showed it on Sky Football alongside Premier League game on their dedicated channel.

Sky should absolutely hang their heads in shame on this one, it’s wrong, very wrong. 

Think you are missing the point. If the game is on as a stand alone game, they will get viewers who would rather watch live football than the chase or pointless. Thus giving them a reason to pay to put it on. If it was on at the same time as the premier league games, it would attract nobody outside of the specific clubs fans. The clubs could have objected to the fixture schedule but didn’t. The reason being they are desperate for the money. Why should Sky be the focus of your angst and not the clubs who have agreed to it? 

1 minute ago, 1967RAMS said:

Think you are missing the point. If the game is on as a stand alone game, they will get viewers who would rather watch live football than the chase or pointless. Thus giving them a reason to pay to put it on. If it was on at the same time as the premier league games, it would attract nobody outside of the specific clubs fans. The clubs could have objected to the fixture schedule but didn’t. The reason being they are desperate for the money. Why should Sky be the focus of your angst and not the clubs who have agreed to it? 

Isn't the point that football is nothing without fans? So why on earth would they alienate more fans with their scheduling?

You said it's a nothing game outside Derby and Preston, why would they suddenly watch it at 5pm, a time when many are either just leaving or will be shortly leaving work. 

How much say have clubs had with these kick off times, or have they been forced on them to complete the season whilst satisfying Sky?

I very much doubt clubs contacted Sky to suggest we play at 5pm, the idea would have come from Sky. It's an utter senseless time to start a game. 

3 minutes ago, David said:

Isn't the point that football is nothing without fans? So why on earth would they alienate more fans with their scheduling?

You said it's a nothing game outside Derby and Preston, why would they suddenly watch it at 5pm, a time when many are either just leaving or will be shortly leaving work. 

How much say have clubs had with these kick off times, or have they been forced on them to complete the season whilst satisfying Sky?

I very much doubt clubs contacted Sky to suggest we play at 5pm, the idea would have come from Sky. It's an utter senseless time to start a game. 

The idea indeed would have come from Sky but the clubs could but didn’t object. Sky wouldn’t propose putting it on at five if they didn’t think they could make some revenue from it at that time. They are a private company, making business decisions.  Football may be nothing without fans but it will cease to exist very quickly without money. In the absence of sufficient revenue from fans for a long time yet. The only option is to take the corporate dollar and play as and when we are told to. I don’t like it as much as you but it Sky pull their money from lower league football. Dozens of clubs will probably fold before we are back to anything like normal 

19 minutes ago, David said:

With these staggered kickoffs I've found myself watching a lot more football. One game finishes I switch to the next. Half time, I watch a different game for 15 minutes. I'm sure a large number of people have been doing the same. A boost in the number of viewers could mean a much better TV deal in future, and more games on TV for the 'bigger' clubs (more money in the clubs pocket). A big win for Sky, a big win for football fans in general, a win for clubs, but a loss for a small-ish percentage of fans of the clubs playing the early kickoffs.

Sure, the early kickoff could have been 5:30 instead, but there's probably a reason for it. Imagine what MIllwall and Boro fans think of their 3pm kickoff next Wednesday!

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

With these staggered kickoffs I've found myself watching a lot more football. One game finishes I switch to the next. Half time, I watch a different game for 15 minutes. I'm sure a large number of people have been doing the same. A boost in the number of viewers could mean a much better TV deal in future, and more games on TV for the 'bigger' clubs (more money in the clubs pocket). A big win for Sky, a big win for football fans in general, a win for clubs, but a loss for a small-ish percentage of fans of the clubs playing the early kickoffs.

Sure, the early kickoff could have been 5:30 instead, but there's probably a reason for it. Imagine what MIllwall and Boro fans think of their 3pm kickoff next Wednesday!

EFL negotiating tactics when it comes to TV deals is, we'll offer you 100m, EFL reply 80m and its a deal! 

There's a strong chance we'll see Bogle, Lowe, Bird, Sibley and Knight all on the pitch together tonight. Whittaker, JBrown, (Roos and Trialist) likely options on the bench. When was the last time we had that many academy graduates (and U23 signings) starting and/or in the first team squad?

It's unlikely to be a one off either. 7 academy graduates (and 2 U23 signings) in the squad for a stretch of key games seems utterly fantastic to me. We don't even have to cheat by including players such as Huddlestone or Grant in those numbers.

Archived