v Preston (A) - Matchday Thread

28 minutes ago, Louby said:

Could we not bring Forsyth to play with Clarke and put Lowe on the left?  Maybe start Davis against Forrest. I’m not sure Davis would be able to cope with 2 games in a few days. Just a thought 

No. Neither is capable of playing on the right and Forsyth shouldn't play there unless there's an emergency - Davies and Evans are both better (especially so on the RHS)

14 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I thought it was Evans and Davies that game? It’s probably in his plans as emergency cover as we have no one else beyond Davies, but he’s not gonna play instead of him

It was Evans and Forsyth. Maybe he won't play over Davies tomorrow night but I would have thought that he's a better option for  the game we want to play, being comfortable on the ball and imposing ourselves on the opposition. Davies is not this, which would explain why Cocu only plays him when we need to defend deep and grind out a result.

42 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

And yet Cocu, a manager of no doubt higher pedigree than Readings recent managers, has on multiple occasions elected to play Davies over him - and will certainly do so tomorrow night as well.

It seems clear to me Cocu sees Davies as a better option off the bench - most probably due to being better at seeing games out when we’re under pressure (less reliant on passing out from the back). 
Evans is the closer like for like replacement with Wisdom. Wisdom’s not great in the air anyway, is he?