v Preston (A) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

1 minute ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Pretty much as expected. JBrown on the bench instead of Malone the only other possibility.

Not cover on the bench at RB (guess we'll use Lowe) and light in midfield, although we have 6 CMs starting on the field so a bit of a shuffle round may be needed if we bring off two of Bird, Rooney and Sibley.

I'm very happy with that team, and a well deserved spot on the bench for Trialist. Hopefully he gets a chance towards the end of the game and uses his penalty winning magic.

We've mostly gone to 5 at the back late on in games, so we might well do that, or see Holmes go to RB.

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very surprised by the Evans selection, fair play to those who predicted it. I’m still not 100% convinced myself, but I guess we have to trust Cocu and, as always, the proof will be out on the pitch. The rest of the team all seems fair enough to me, probably needed a bit of rotation to keep fitness levels up.

3 minutes ago, Animal is a Ram said:

10p says Pearson gets booked. Nice if he got sent off. As @TomBustler1884 said - happy to see Johnson out. Injured?

I hate that little twit. He's just a Joe Allen that leaves his foot in. 

Pearson I mean. Not Johnson. I like Johnson

4 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Could that be our lowest average age 11 of the season? 

Today, ours is just under 25 (thanks to Rooney, Hamer and Waghorn). I can't think of a game we'd be any lower.

Lowest in the Championship this season was marginally over 22 years old.

The lowest ever was Peterborough in the 09/10 season at just 21.8, withthe oldest player aged 26. I think that was the last day of the season though. The traditional give loads of kids a few minutes game.

2 Burton born lads (Bird and Sibley) and 1 South Normanton (Lowe) in the starting XI... I wonder how many other teams in the Championship have 3 good, young local lads in contention to start most weeks... my guess is 'not many'.

My only concern is the 'narrowness' of the midfield. Bogle and Lowe will have to be up and down the pitch all game to provide some width. Other than that, it looks good. 

1 minute ago, Anag Ram said:

Solid enough but one wonders where the goals are going to come from. 

We might see Rooney pushing forward a bit more to support Waghorn in the box. 

Excited to see the youth strut their stuff on the big stage. 

Waghorn, Sibley, Rooney. Martin from the bench. The odd goal from others in the squad too

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Solid enough but one wonders where the goals are going to come from. 

I assume Knight has about similar goals/minute ratio than Lawrence without being selfish and ruining every other attack.

Sith Happens
37 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Could that be our lowest average age 11 of the season? 

Average age of 11??? bloody hell i know mel wants to use the academy but thats madness

Been bigging up George Evans forever so hoping he can step in and step up tonight. I think he's a much better player than he's shown on balance but it's a big ask in some ways after so little game time this season.

Like the line up in any case so hoping for a gritty win tonight to keep the top six looking nervously over their shoulders. 

COYR

Archived