v Preston (A) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

3 hours ago, David said:

Just realised it’s a 5pm kick off time. Hang your heads in shame Sky. 

They realise football is nothing without fans which is why they are pumping fake crowd noise in to games, yet move a game to 5pm, a time where many will be unable to watch now restrictions are easing and people are back at work.

2020 has been a rough year for many, Football is a release, a way out from what’s going on in the world and this is what you do?

Hang. Your. Heads. In. Shame.

Basically why I took option one - if your at work what good is It if you are not able to watch it 

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

With these staggered kickoffs I've found myself watching a lot more football. One game finishes I switch to the next. Half time, I watch a different game for 15 minutes. I'm sure a large number of people have been doing the same. A boost in the number of viewers could mean a much better TV deal in future, and more games on TV for the 'bigger' clubs (more money in the clubs pocket). A big win for Sky, a big win for football fans in general, a win for clubs, but a loss for a small-ish percentage of fans of the clubs playing the early kickoffs.

Sure, the early kickoff could have been 5:30 instead, but there's probably a reason for it. Imagine what MIllwall and Boro fans think of their 3pm kickoff next Wednesday!

To be fair on Millwall v Boro - that one was at the request of Middlesborough.

There are no hotel stays anymore with clubs commuting there and back on the same day. 6 hours on a coach there, 2 hours of football and 6 hours back. Even I have to admit I wouldn't fancy that.

As for our kick off time - I quite like it and respect the fact it won't clash against Premier League kick off times, especially Prem games being shown on sky.

All change team wise 

Hamer or Roos 

Bogle Davies Clarke Lowe 

Bird Rooney 

knight      Sibley   Waghorn 

Martin 

subs GK Forsyth Shinnie Holmes jafoozon Whittaker Evans kid kid 

8 minutes ago, rammieib said:

To be fair on Millwall v Boro - that one was at the request of Middlesborough.

There are no hotel stays anymore with clubs commuting there and back on the same day.

Watching the PO Wembley final and the commentator said that one of the teams was staying at the same hotel we stayed at when we play Millwall.

This is easier said than done but if we perform like we did against these in the 1st half at Pride Park then we have a very good chance of taking home all 3pts. We absolutely bossed them and carved them open numerous times. They were riding high at the time too and I'm sure their fans were impressed by us as no other team had done that to them all season. I was surprised how poor they were but a lot of that was down to how we performed. Same again boys. Let's do it for Wizzy. 

50 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Watching the PO Wembley final and the commentator said that one of the teams was staying at the same hotel we stayed at when we play Millwall.

Most of the hotels are currently filled with the homeless - 3 meals a day and paid for by the government and a refurbishment paid for when they are told to leave 

13 minutes ago, Steve How Hard? said:

This is easier said than done but if we perform like we did against these in the 1st half at Pride Park then we have a very good chance of taking home all 3pts. We absolutely bossed them and carved them open numerous times. They were riding high at the time too and I'm sure their fans were impressed by us as no other team had done that to them all season. I was surprised how poor they were but a lot of that was down to how we performed. Same again boys. Let's do it for Wizzy. 

That was the first half when Bennett destroyed their right back - probably the last time Bennett played for us this season 

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

That was the first half when Bennett destroyed their right back - probably the last time Bennett played for us this season 

Yeah he had him on toast and was really unlucky to have to come off so early with another innocuous injury. Story of MBs career unfortunately. 

6 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I find it amazing that Preston are above us in seventh considering their defenders are slow and they don't have any forwards! 

My favourite bit of analysis from the PNE forums, was one of their fans saying (roughly), 'We look a decent team until the ball enters the final third.  We then resemble Mark Thatcher in a desert.'

As an interesting aside it might be worth keeping half an eye on their No6 Ben Davies.  A left-sided centre half with a year left on his contract.  Rated by their fans but they also think he's off in the summer and probably not for anywhere near the money they were expecting six or so months ago.

6 minutes ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

Have Sky/EFL made any comments on why some games are starting at 5? 

I get that they want lots of football on the air, but some won’t be home from work for the game. I’m lucky I’m working from home, but even I don’t finish till 6. Seems unfair.

Think it might be a five o'clock start because it saves people from having to watch Pointless?

Archived