v Preston (A) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, DerbyRam! said:

We play like we did 2nd half against a better team, we will get absolutely slaughtered. Imagine we did this kind of performance 2nd half against a premier league team(or top championship even). I'm having flashbacks of that season.....

(Didn't miss a game in person home or away!!)

Need to finish as we started in the first half, whether it's the same players or a change, some good motivation or coaching, we need to keep that level of play in the second half!!

I wouldn't agree with that, on this occasion.
Now is the time to be getting the job done.  Remember, "Just enough" is still enough.

Ok, the possession stats dropped in the second half, and yes, the last 15mins (+6!) got nervier and nervier with each passing minute..., but that was purely and simply because we were backing "Bloody Derby County", not because Preston looked particularly threatening.
Hamer had very little to do, on the face of it.
Of course, a second goal would have allowed us to enjoy it in more comfort.  Yes, spending a bit more time in their half second half would have been gratefully received.

One may argue, that was an extremely professional away performance.  Compared to Saturdays win over Reading, this game was for more comfortable, and leaves me feeling far more positive/confident.
A massive well done to all, from me.

Right... Who's next?

ducking love this club.

ducking love Phil Cocu.

Absolutely over the moon right now.

Not getting ahead of myself because i think play offs will be seriously difficult still, but I'm really looking forward to the rest of these games.

COYR

2 minutes ago, Ilsonram12 said:

IMG_20200701_193142.jpg

Bonkers that is!

I know I've been a bit of a Cocu fanboy but when you consider all the trials and tribulations Phil has faced and that he's had to plug some major gaps with some very young players, it's pretty remarkable really. The fact that he has been so assured and calm throughout all the bumps is not lost on me and that calmness does seem to have filtered down to the players. I bet the lads absolutely love playing under him.

6 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I've not looked back through the thread, but I thought Knight was excellent defensively throughout.

Knight works as hard as any player that we have. Better than Lawrence for me.

22 minutes ago, BathRam72 said:

interesting at this point20200701_192440.jpg

That is unbelievable when you consider:

• Come in late to a tour in the US
  • Record (and only) signing ACL injury, forcing youngsters to have to play
  • Captain sacked in disgrace
  • 2 others dragged through courts
  • Centre back stabbed
  • Coronavirus suspension
  • All kind of injuries to Huddlestone, Marriott, Holmes and Bogle, amongst others.
  • No help from 2 full England internationals and another Wales international playing weekly in the Prem.
  • EFL charges hanging over the club
  • Players not getting paid on time

Cocu would've avoided the iceberg in 1912, and done so with a calming demeanour and inspiring leadership.

Cocu knew exactly what he was trying to do from the start. Some of our players have developed into all round footballers who know what to and when to do it. Apparently it has been done by repetitions of the same tactics and skills.

A lot of folks saying their arses were twitching the last 10/20 minutes, but for all the possession and lumps into the box Hamer was barely troubled. Now if you’d have listened to it on Radio Derby you would probably have thought we barely clung on. I thought we handled it well, and couple of sharper passes we would’ve had chances to finish them off. 

AAAAALLLLLLLLLL ABOOOOOOOOARRRDDDDD!!!

4 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Cocu knew exactly what he was trying to do from the start. Some of our players have developed into all round footballers who know what to and when to do it. Apparently it has been done by repetitions of the same tactics and skills.

Also his timing of bringing in the youngsters has been brilliant - not until HE felt they were ready.

7 minutes ago, Srg said:

That is unbelievable when you consider:

• Come in late to a tour in the US
  • Record (and only) signing ACL injury, forcing youngsters to have to play
  • Captain sacked in disgrace
  • 2 others dragged through courts
  • Centre back stabbed
  • Coronavirus suspension
  • All kind of injuries to Huddlestone, Marriott, Holmes and Bogle, amongst others.
  • No help from 2 full England internationals and another Wales international playing weekly in the Prem.
  • EFL charges hanging over the club
  • Players not getting paid on time

Cocu would've avoided the iceberg in 1912, and done so with a calming demeanour and inspiring leadership.

And to think, there are those who criticise him for not screaming, shouting and throwing his arms about on the touchline.

Archived