v Preston (A) - Matchday Thread

Bwash_Ram

Just now, DerbyRam! said:

Quick question?

What happens next season when we no longer have Clarke on loan? He isn't my favourite player by any means, but right now, especially with Wisdom out, is he not our strongest CB?

Do we look to sign him on a perm at the end of the loan? Maybe the unthinkable happens and we take the stairway to heaven, but what happens in the championship?

If he doesn't come back, I imagine that's Bielik's spot. 

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, DerbyRam! said:

Quick question?

What happens next season when we no longer have Clarke on loan? He isn't my favourite player by any means, but right now, especially with Wisdom out, is he not our strongest CB?

Do we look to sign him on a perm at the end of the loan? Maybe the unthinkable happens and we take the stairway to heaven, but what happens in the championship?

See sign tomori?

1 minute ago, Yani P said:

What a totally dominant first half performance for only 1-0

Bizarre bbc possession saying 52:48. Yet we we didn’t let them have the ball for nearly 10 minutes around the goal

4 minutes ago, Shang said:

Is there something up with the pitch? Everyones losing their footing or their touch is completely off.

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Probably wet the pitch. Common strategy against possession based sides. 

To be fair it has rained none stop for almost 3 days in a row up here in the North West. Today since lunchtime is the 1st time it's stopped. 

Just now, Steve How Hard? said:

To be fair it has rained none stop for almost 3 days in a row up here in the North West. Today since lunchtime is the 1st time it's stopped. 

Ah good to know. 

Just now, SaintRam said:

If he doesn't come back, I imagine that's Bielik's spot. 

Bielik now, is one of my favourite players, but even I don't want to see him at CB.

With how bird is playing right now, Bielik makes great competition/backup for that slot in midfield.

A dominant display so far, so much better than Preston. But it's another case of needing a second asap rather than sitting on what we have. It would be lovely to get a goal. be in complete control and then grab another to allow us the chance to give players like Whittaker and Hector-Ingram a run out.

This is already much better than the Reading game, and my confidence has been boosted again.

1 minute ago, DerbyRam! said:

Bielik now, is one of my favourite players, but even I don't want to see him at CB.

With how bird is playing right now, Bielik makes great competition/backup for that slot in midfield.

I love that our record signing (if not injured) would be kept out of the team by one of our own. How much is Max Bird worth???

Very good and comfortable. 

I really hate the way Pearson tackles. I think thank God we don't have the nasty little fecker. 

And then I'm reminded we have Sibely who is also a little fecker. 

Funny when it's on your side innit?

1 minute ago, DerbyRam! said:

Bielik would probably seek a move away if he finds himself a backup waiting for someone else to have a bad game. Only reason he came here was to play games. We paid £££ to play him, too.

Could this be the first clean sheet of the season away from home?

We need a second just in case

(Waghorn should have scored after 3 minutes)

Decent half. 

Some nice and pretty play at times but lacking any killer instinct and real thrust up top... Waghorn just isn’t a striker. Key we improve this area for next season. 

Bogle needs to make more of the situations he’s getting in going forward with some nice cross field balls going out to him. 

Evans shown why he’s a better choice than Curtis a few times - remember him starting the move that ended with Duane’s shocking air shot. 

Referee is atrocious. Giving all sorts of nonsense, which doesn’t seem to be in our favour. Preston should be down to 10 for the stamp. 

Sense we need a second, we will lapse at some point. We usually do. 

Archived