Craig Gordon - signed for Hearts

admira

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He was on talk sport the other day saying he hopes to go somewhere & play football & still thinks he can get into the Scotland squad if he plays regularly. Also he's said he'd play for Hearts in a lower division & its his boyhood club.

Sounds like lazy reporting for clicks. Not sure why he'd swap celtics bench for ours ?‍♂️

Rather than going for older keepers I would like to see us being ambitious with a keeper for the future. 

Has anyone ever seen Daniel Iversen, the Leicester keeper on loan at Rotherham? 

Young, good with crosses and aggressive. All garnered from stats ?

I would love to say I've watched him regularly but I must admit I have only seen a few highlights and we all know these can be deceptive! 

1 hour ago, Anag Ram said:

Rather than going for older keepers I would like to see us being ambitious with a keeper for the future. 

Has anyone ever seen Daniel Iversen, the Leicester keeper on loan at Rotherham? 

Young, good with crosses and aggressive. All garnered from stats ?

I would love to say I've watched him regularly but I must admit I have only seen a few highlights and we all know these can be deceptive! 

I agree, unless they think Ravas, Barnes or someone will be able to be 1st choice in a couple of years... Which feels unlikely

I think we'll be linked with every keeper going for a while. We have a reputation of paying considerable wages so we're a good option for agents to put it about we're interested to drive up wages elsewhere 

This season compared with last, our goals against are good. However, one big change this season is that many teams are conceding considerably less goals. Obviously the season is not over yet, but average GA for the top 6-9 especially, will be down on last season. 

The frustrating thing for Derby is we concede so many unnessarry goals. So many directly from a cross or as a consequence of not dealing with the cross. 

As things stand, we don't need a keeper that's a good shot stopper. We need a commanding keeper who will claim/challenge for crosses, who can play with his feet and organisers the defenders when the ball is crossed into the box. 

27 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

This season compared with last, our goals against are good. However, one big change this season is that many teams are conceding considerably less goals. Obviously the season is not over yet, but average GA for the top 6-9 especially, will be down on last season. 

The frustrating thing for Derby is we concede so many unnessarry goals. So many directly from a cross or as a consequence of not dealing with the cross. 

As things stand, we don't need a keeper that's a good shot stopper. We need a commanding keeper who will claim/challenge for crosses, who can play with his feet and organisers the defenders when the ball is crossed into the box. 

Such as and please don't say Joe Hart who appears to fail on at least 2 of those criteria?

35 minutes ago, Wolfie20 said:

Such as and please don't say Joe Hart who appears to fail on at least 2 of those criteria?

Pep wanted his GK to be the best in the world with his feet. Joe Hart didn't fit that bill. But he is more than good enough with his feet for us ?

34 minutes ago, Kamikaze said:

So am I right in saying we will still have 9 Goalies throughout Our Senior Teams next season?

May need to move some on

Roos

Carson

Mitchell

Yates

Barnes

Ravas

French

Theniger

Halwax.

Didnt realise Mitchell is 25! Should imagine him and Carson will be off.

Archived