Hull City

rynny

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Sounds like the journo has done their job well and the club have just made themselves look properly silly here.

Just to provide a (little) balance........

Hull have been pretty transparent in publishing both the original email and the response. If technology skills have let them down then they wouldn't be the first to have failed on that score - I wouldn't have a clue how to click through to the pdf and then copy the text elsewhere, neither would I have thought of doing so.  And in fairness what else can they say other than details of contracts and contacts are confidential?

Notwithstanding that they are clearly a club at war with itself (and we've been in that position a few times over the years) and in financial trouble because of relegation plus, now, CV19, but the Allam family are correct that football clubs have to live within their means - and yes, if I were a Hull fan I too might object to the family receiving consultancy fees and large interest payments on loans. I wish we were better balanced financially and so, I dare say, does Mel.  In the end that impacts on playing staff as the most expensive employees and thus on team performances.

Football as a whole in my lifetime has got itself into even more of a right old mess than it was in the 60's and 70's driven largely by the (over) ambition of many and the financial excesses of the PL, most of which appears to have been spent on players' wages. Whether CV19 will give the game a way out I doubt. But I hope I'm wrong.

4 hours ago, richinspain said:

So, as I can't be bothered to actually do what it says you have to do, what is it all about?

Fans increasingly frustrated at the lack of ambition and the Allam’s pretending to want to sell up. 
Over three seasons (16/17, 17/18, 18/19) they posted a £61.5m profit. Then selling Bowen and Grosicki in January without replacing them. Topped off by Lichaj and Jackson (captain and vice-captain) returning on the first day back from the COVID break and being told they aren’t wanted. 

12 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Fans increasingly frustrated at the lack of ambition and the Allam’s pretending to want to sell up. 
Over three seasons (16/17, 17/18, 18/19) they posted a £61.5m profit. Then selling Bowen and Grosicki in January without replacing them. Topped off by Lichaj and Jackson (captain and vice-captain) returning on the first day back from the COVID break and being told they aren’t wanted. 

So it's just a poo show of a place to be right now rather than any specific allegations of wrong doing. And probably Lichaj and Jackson getting their retaliation in first if they're needing a new club.

Could have handled with a lot more class by Hull.

Archived