Night clubs, entertainment etc.

mozza

4 hours ago, Brummie Steve said:

Oops, just checked....

Spalding Barbeque 67 was the 29th May not the 31st.

The immaculate Fender Strat that Jimi was handling didn't survive being smashed through an amp at the premature end of their performance. 
He played Sergeant Pepper in front of the Beatles a few days later and on June 18th he was at Monterey where he burned his strat (another one!) with lighter fuel.

Them strats weren't cheap either!

A few years ago i was at a little vinyl shop in Newquay, was chatting to the owner and mentioned i was from Derby. Fella starts asking about the flowerpot as he used to live local in the early nineties- something to do with safety at Donington race track- and used to love the high quality tribute acts there.  Goes on to mention that he saw them all for real in the 60's including Hendrix at a London college where the aforementioned guitar burning also took place .  This fella noticed however that the guitar was only damaged and not fried.  At the end of the evening it was sat there looking at him and he made the decision he would look a bit sad in front of his new friends if he took it home, so watched as a bloke came round with a bag and bin it .  He sort of regrets not picking it up now as you can imagine.

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Right, I nearly bit earlier but I decided against it. Duck that now.

Of course you're one of those pretentious bamfords who tells everyone within earshot that "I much prefer a good trip to the pub than a loud nightclub".

It's just code for "I can't pull".

Aye I won’t deny that much to be fair.... I’m a 6ft 6 lanky Bamford. Basically Peter Crouch without an ounce of footballing prowess. More chance of Boro making the playoffs than there is of my gangly moves pulling someone in a club. Only chance I have is to laugh someone into bed... too loud in a club for that ?

13 minutes ago, Archied said:

The hole in the wall in Ashby was good for being on the pull?

The easiest place in Derby to pull was Sloppy Joes in Duckworth square. They never had membership cards there, you just flashed the bouncer your latest test results from the STD clinic. It was also one of those places like Jimmys where some angry boyfriend could steam into you for no reason under some misapprehension you'd been starring at his missus or you'd been pointed out by his mate as someone who'd been chatting her up earlier. Those two always added a bit of spice to the evening if it was a bit stale.

3 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Aye I won’t deny that much to be fair.... I’m a 6ft 6 lanky Bamford. Basically Peter Crouch without an ounce of footballing prowess. More chance of Boro making the playoffs than there is of my gangly moves pulling someone in a club. Only chance I have is to laugh someone into bed... too loud in a club for that ?

ducking hell, at 6ft 6 you should be able to pull on easy mode, the height advantage...

38 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Ffs, that means if I ever see you in person I’ll have to look up to you. I’ll bring @Van Cone De Head with me for some muscle.

Missing is the Highwayman at Cheadle.

Top 100 nights every bank holiday were a must, even if you didn’t have long hair, stick a leather jacket on, denim at worst and lose a few brain cells boppin. Can still smell the petunia oil!

Then I found girls were prettier at “normal” discos and my tastes changed ??

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

I’m partial to a tall boy

1 hour ago, Millenniumram said:

No chance of cocu pulling you off when 1-0 up then

2 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

A few years ago i was at a little vinyl shop in Newquay, was chatting to the owner and mentioned i was from Derby. Fella starts asking about the flowerpot as he used to live local in the early nineties- something to do with safety at Donington race track- and used to love the high quality tribute acts there.  Goes on to mention that he saw them all for real in the 60's including Hendrix at a London college where the aforementioned guitar burning also took place .  This fella noticed however that the guitar was only damaged and not fried.  At the end of the evening it was sat there looking at him and he made the decision he would look a bit sad in front of his new friends if he took it home, so watched as a bloke came round with a bag and bin it .  He sort of regrets not picking it up now as you can imagine.

Could have been worth a fortune now.  

8 minutes ago, Brummie Steve said:

Like this you mean?

5BD942DD-3AED-48BD-8138-C0623B4D0AE7.jpeg

You've got the Lennon crossover signature on that one 67-68  .  He started amending his style at that time. Hard to authenticate for auctioneers but I assume you got it yourself. It's a nice set and very collectable as you don't get many complete sets after 65. I hope thats uv resistant glass and the paper isn't pushed on it . 

Archived