Huddlestone

Seaside Ram

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Just for sentimental reasons I'd be up for keeping him as backup... didnt he play over 100 games for us at 18?

As for the coaching side I'd be more than happy having him as a youth coach. His passing ability is second to none.

Happy to have him here but, sadly, we can't afford to retain players for sentimental reasons and, surely, we have enough back up in midfield.

In terms of coaching, how many coaches do we need? Also, none of us know what his coaching skills and personality is really like. Being a good player doesn't automatically make you a good coach.

For me, I'd be inclined to say thanks but time for both sides to move on unless the club really do see some coaching potential in him. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

Happy to have him here but, sadly, we can't afford to retain players for sentimental reasons and, surely, we have enough back up in midfield.

In terms of coaching, how many coaches do we need? Also, none of us know what his coaching skills and personality is really like. Being a good player doesn't automatically make you a good coach.

For me, I'd be inclined to say thanks but time for both sides to move on unless the club really do see some coaching potential in him. 

Some of that backup in midfield are backup in other positions too. Shinnie in one of the more advanced CM roles, Evans and Bielik CB cover. With Bielik still to recover from his injury, and Evans' injury history, It probably makes sense to keep Hudd on  for another year.

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

If we were truly desperate and it's all truly amicable then maybe Tom would consider a pay as you play deal up to the end of the season - should the need arise.

You can’t. Out of contract with no end of season extension, can’t sign him again now. It’s done. 

As happy as I was when he signed I just cant see where he fits in the pecking order of the team to justify his likely big wage. As it stands it would be hard to fit our record signing in Bielik into the team

Centre mid we have plenty of options - Rooney Bird Bielik Shinnie Evans as well Sibley Knight Holmes depending on formation.

Been a good player for us but he is one of a few that it is the right time to move on from. Wish him all the best though.

15 hours ago, Srg said:

You can’t. Out of contract with no end of season extension, can’t sign him again now. It’s done. 

Is he allowed to sign for another club now and play during the remainder of the season, or is he barred from playing for anyone till next season?

Given Huddlestone’s long-standing history with Derby and his contribution both on and off the pitch, the club continues to remain in dialogue with the player and his representatives with the hope of coming to an agreement for him to remain with the club longer-term.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/07/cocu-huddlestone-has-been-a-very-important-player-for-Derby-county

17 minutes ago, ThePrisoner said:

"Huddlestone, who began his career with Derby before returning for a second spell in 2017 from Hull City, has been invited to continue to train with Cocu’s squad."

As crazy as this season has been, he's probably agreed to sign for Leeds next season, but Bielsa has asked him to hang around here for a little longer!  ?

Archived