Craig Forsyth

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Craig Forsyth

The club is delighted to confirm that Craig Forsyth has extended his contract until the summer of 2022.

Forsyth, who is 31, has been with Derby since 2013 and made his 200th appearance in Rams colours in last weekend’s 3-2 victory at Millwall.

The defender is a popular member of the squad and has shown great mental strength and character in recent seasons to bounce back from injury.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2020/06/contracts-update-june-2020

1 minute ago, David said:

Would only need one year more after that for a testimonial 

Yeah a year would of been better, wouldn’t mind seeing a testimonial game for Bryson and Martin have the likes of Ward Russell play in it

3 minutes ago, David said:

Would only need one year more after that for a testimonial 

And it would be deserved too.

It was such a boring signing at the time, a typical Nigel Clough type signing.

Only you soon realise that for all the dodgy signings he made, Clough made some absolute belters, Forsyth being one of them.

I still say under Macs first season we wouldnt have has anywhere near as much success if we didnt have Forsyth laying daisy cutters into the box time and time again.

Not bad for a left midfielder bought for £150k. He's constantly come back from injuries and being down in the pecking order, it really is a credit to him. Well deserved. 

Malone, at this point, surely will be moved out. Big wages, potentially the third left back in our pecking order, plus he doesn't offer any other cover. It's not like we can play him at RB or CB. 

He's a remarkable individual. 

Even earlier this season Cocu had him pegged as a CB, but he's come back yet again to make LB his own position. 

I wouldn't mind betting this is a 2 year deal with a 1 year option.  Hope to see him with us for the next 3 years for sure.

9 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Not bad for a left midfielder bought for £150k. He's constantly come back from injuries and being down in the pecking order, it really is a credit to him. Well deserved. 

Malone, at this point, surely will be moved out. Big wages, potentially the third left back in our pecking order, plus he doesn't offer any other cover. It's not like we can play him at RB or CB. 

Plus we have the likes of Buchanan hoping to make the step up

30 minutes ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

TBH a 2 yr deal has suprised me. Thought 1 yr might have been a safer bet for the club. But fair enough, if anyone deserves it its fozzy.

End of road for malone?

Yeah you’d think Malone would go as he’s third choice

Only 29 I think so may get a bit of cash for him (doubt we’ll recoup the 3 million). Never disliked Malone but surplus to requirements and still something of an asset means I would sell all day 

Forsyth is one of those who dips in and out of form during games. One minute he puts an inch perfect cross in, the next gives an easy ball away. I think he probably deserves this contract though and I'm happy with him and Lowe as our left backs. Malone free to go and possibly get Buchanan a loan. 

2 hours ago, Ram-a-lama fa fa fa said:

TBH a 2 yr deal has suprised me. Thought 1 yr might have been a safer bet for the club. But fair enough, if anyone deserves it its fozzy.

End of road for malone?

You would assume so in terms of Malone - who is ok but he never wins headers which is bonkers for someone of his height and is generally caught out of position defensively so we may as well go with Forsyth and Lowe whilst Malone will be on too much money I suspect 

Archived