Craig Forsyth

200 appearances. Thought it was worth a thread. I love Fozzy and the way he has come back from serious injury time and time again. Still the best left back we have and a couple of lovely crosses again today. For the sake of balance, I thought he could have done better with the first goal, but he has been a great servant and appears to be a good bloke too. 

And I know all about good left backs having fetched sticks for one for many years! 

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love Fozzy and I am very impressed with the way he has come back from his injuries. Such an asset to the club and often under-appreciated. 

Quite how he popped up with the assist for Sibley's third I am not sure but he covers more areas of the pitch than a lot of much younger players.

Been a great signing by our old manager Nigel Clough cost in the region of 140000.great left back one of the best out of the prem, solid, gives his all, and like others have said, still the best left back at the club, done so well to return after 2 serious injury, that's only happened by all the hard work Fozzy put in, a great character, who deserves to play his part in taking Derby to the prem, which I believe could well happen next season. 

Those injuries would have destroyed the careers of lesser men.

I have to admit I’m surprised to see him still playing well at Champ level after three ACL’s it’s a massive achievement and I think Robert Pires is the only other player to have come back 3 time’s from the same injury in top top three tiers!

Hope he can play many more games for us and stay injury free!

Congratulations to Craig on the landmark.

An outstanding acquisition and a great servant.  Between 2013 and 2015 he was for my money the best left back in the league, where he seemed unbeatable defending one on one situations.

It's a great testament to his character how he has come back from his injuries to play at the level he has.

Yeah, he's my man crush. Lesser men would have given up the game as a bad lot but to undergo all of that physio is something else. The strength of mind and sheer dogged refusal to be beat absolutely boggles my brain.

Big up Fozzy. A top man and a top pro and Derby through and through.

Great achievement given the number of injuries he’s had. Seriously impressive that he’s still playing after 3 ACL’s - yet alone still playing as well as he is! He’s still one of the best left backs in the division, particularly defensively, and still as good as he’s ever been really. I’m sure many on here will have noticed how annoyed I get at his occasional idiotic lapses in concentration, but there’s no denying he’s the best left back we’ve had during my time watching.

Fantastic achievement to chalk up so many appearances after battling back from those injuries. Great servant and superb crosser of the ball just one thing has held him back from going right to the top. That's his inability to consistently execute 5/10 yard passes. For me that's the only thing that's held him back from being a top drawer pro. 

Outstanding achievement considering what he’s been through. Written off many times yet he keeps coming back. That season under Rowett I thought he was finished, you could tell    he was thinking about his knee in everything he did and it made him ponderous, then under Lamps he starts season as 3rd choice, becomes first choice back to the old Fozzy then does his third ACL! This latest comeback, he’s been excellent from the start (though I didn’t think he had his best game yesterday defensively which is usually his strong point)

Well done Fozzy and what a signing for £140k. Nige knows a bargain that’s for sure!

Sith Happens
2 minutes ago, Mazzaram said:

Should call him Arnie. After all, you know he will always be back!

I agree, especially as he seems to have had a Total Recall to the match day line up now too.

13 hours ago, Steve Buckley’s Dog said:

200 appearances. Thought it was worth a thread. I love Fozzy and the way he has come back from serious injury time and time again. Still the best left back we have and a couple of lovely crosses again today. For the sake of balance, I thought he could have done better with the first goal, but he has been a great servant and appears to be a good bloke too. 

And I know all about good left backs having fetched sticks for one for many years! 

Absolutely. I remember him signing and Nigel playing him left-back and I remember thinking that’s definitely his position. He’s the best left-back in the Championship; he’s a real threat going forward and his assists show what great vision he has. And he’s a thoroughly lovely guy. I’m so pleased for him. Well done Craig. 

Archived