Forwards

Dinnitdough

When are we gonna realize that Waghorn isn’t good enough? I like Waggie as a person, but considering the fact that he takes freekicks and penalties and was our only forward for a while, he just isn’t producing enough. We need someone, besides the youngsters, who can produce something up top.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

You just gonna ignore Waggy's amazing assist for Sibley today or what? 

It took him 85 minutes on the pitch, it took Martin 5 minutes! ? Decent pass from Waggy for sure but not much goal threat when compared to Sibley. ?

I thought Waghorn had a good game today. Went close with a well taken freekick, brilliant little assist for Sibley’s second, and he used his strength well up front all through the game. 

I always think Waghorn is harshly underrated by a lot of fans. I still think Martin is a better player in terms of his technical qualities in possession, but Waghorn is still a good player at this level and with 12 goals this season, he’s a decent goalscorer. A better goalscorer (and player as a whole) than the much loved Marriott.

6 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

It took him 85 minutes on the pitch, it took Martin 5 minutes! ? Decent pass from Waggy for sure but not much goal threat when compared to Sibley. ?

I prefer Martin too, but I didn't think Waghorn was terrible today, got an assist, worked hard. It certainly wouldn't be the game after that I would single him out for criticism. 

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I prefer Martin too, but I didn't think Waghorn was terrible today, got an assist, worked hard. It certainly would be the game after that I would single him out for criticism. 

I agree, it seems an odd time to criticise Waggy. Rather save a bit of scolding for Holmes and Whizzy who were poor.

Wags produced a great assist today and hit the post. But other than that struggled against two cloggers crowding him out.

Martin would have similarly struggled but would have offered an out by coming short and receiving the ball.

I don’t think it was a mistake to start wags and he put some effort in but Martin should have come on sooner 

17 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I thought Waghorn had a good game today. Went close with a well taken freekick, brilliant little assist for Sibley’s second, and he used his strength well up front all through the game. 

I always think Waghorn is harshly underrated by a lot of fans. I still think Martin is a better player in terms of his technical qualities in possession, but Waghorn is still a good player at this level and with 12 goals this season, he’s a decent goalscorer. A better goalscorer (and player as a whole) than the much loved Marriott.

In think Waggy was going great guns as an inside forward before the enforced break. I would have him playing there over all the other options we have. 

2 minutes ago, therealhantsram said:

In think Waggy was going great guns as an inside forward before the enforced break. I would have him playing there over all the other options we have. 

Yeah I agree he was looking good on the right before the break, and would probably still be there had matches not been suspended. Think he’s won his place up front now though for the time being, which is where I think he’d rather be.

2 hours ago, Dinnitdough said:

When are we gonna realize that Waghorn isn’t good enough? I like Waggie as a person, but considering the fact that he takes freekicks and penalties and was our only forward for a while, he just isn’t producing enough. We need someone, besides the youngsters, who can produce something up top.

I don't know if you are aware, but according to the commo, Waggers is expecting a baby.  I think it's a true mark of the man, that he even played, in his condition.

You need to go easy on him!

Waghorn got in some great positions today but didn’t receive the ball he should of, same happens to Marriott quite often when he plays. Sometimes we need to be a little quicker and smarter finding our forwards runs imo. 

3 hours ago, Dinnitdough said:

Not today ISIS. 

Archived