Louie Sibley

David

22 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

His performance and contribution was extremely close to being one of the greatest performances from a single player that I had ever seen, or at least recall.  I know we aren't playing at the highest level in football, but he was still immense.  Away at the Den too!

The goalkeeper did very well to keep out what would have been Sibleys 4th goal.

It is being a little critical to say that Sibley should have hit the target when he put his shot just over, but given his finishing is absolutely spot on, it is fair to say that on another day that would and probably should have been his 5th goal.

His performance will have made the world of football stand up and take notice, with most of them probably not aware of the screamer he scored previously against Blackburn, or the very impressive performance he put against Man United.

3 months ago he was still a kid, 3 months later he is one of the first names on our team sheet and it would take offers over 15 million before anyone bothers to answer the phone!

If he carries on as he is, he will get an England u21 call up before long.

That's pretty much where I'm at that for this level.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Vydra vs Middlesbrough with his hattrick and Bryson vs Forest are two that come to mind.

Honestly? I'm not sure either of those compare. Very good performances for sure but not at the same level which is kinda shocking to say.

2 hours ago, brady1993 said:

Honestly? I'm not sure either of those compare. Very good performances for sure but not at the same level which is kinda shocking to say.

Vydra's probably was as I remember the quality of his goals being excellent. Sibley's performance was very good but not quite perfect as he could have had 1 or 2 more, which if anything shows if he improves his finishing abit more becuase he can get the chances easily he should score a lot of goals from now until the end of the season.

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Expect him to be sold for 2 marshmallows and a half eaten cheeseburger in the summer then... theres plenty of clubs that could afford him and we have a history of selling for less than they are worth. Lets hope a)nobody comes knocking and b) we get value for opening the door.

Love the way Cocu talks about Sibley - and the other youngsters for that matter - at the press conferences.

Doesn't play them down, as you might expect, but acknowledges their talents while still emphasising the work ahead of them.

Great that he wouldn't draw comparisons of Sibley with anyone else but said, instead, that we will enjoy Sibley for who he is and who he will become.

I'm so, so glad Cocu is the manager, and that we have talents like Sibley, Bird and Knight. As I have said all along we are on the verge of another wonderful era in the history of our great club. COYR ?

(Inevitably we'll now lose to Reading ?)

1 hour ago, LondonRam2 said:

SIBLEY THE BEST!!!  (da da daaaaa da)

BETTER THAN ALL THE REST (da daaaa da)

BETTER THAN ANYONE (da daaaaa da)

ANYONE WE'VE EVER MET (da daaaa da)

etc etc etc

Perhaps edit the second line to

BETTER THAN ALL THE REDS 

Archived