Louie Sibley

David

9 minutes ago, nottingram said:

I appreciate there’s a sizeable age differential between them, but it’s interesting that Sibley and Knight, and Bellingham have the same number of goals despite Sibley and to a lesser extent Knight playing so much less, and Bellingham is on the radar of basically every single top club in Europe for £30m odd. I had thought he had a lot more goals than that

I think it's down to him doing it at 16 rather than 18/19. 2 years younger than Sibley, 2.5 Knight, 3 Bird and Bogle.  Anyone signing Bellingham is taking a big risk. It's not often someone breaking through at that age and playing as much as he is has much luck with injuries. For us we had Holmes, Barnes, Nyatanga, Bennett and Huddlestone have all struggled at various points. Others I can think of include Rooney, Wilshere, Walcott, Vaughan, Rodwell, Joe Cole, Shaw. Milner is just about the only exception.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Carnero said:

Do you know roughly what time he was on?

If not, does anyone else know?

I believe there's a way to listen back to 30 mins sections on Talksport.

I don’t sorry, despite posting it I forgot to listen 

1 hour ago, Carnero said:

Do you know roughly what time he was on?

If not, does anyone else know?

I believe there's a way to listen back to 30 mins sections on Talksport.

Just before 11am and it was terrific - basically he said 

- still buzzing, said the match ball was like a new arrival in his family and that the other players were teasing him as he was clinging to it so closely!

- praised Wassall and the coaches like crazy for all their work, said it was brilliant playing with Bird, Knight etc

- says Rooney is unbelievable on and off the pitch, constantly giving advice to the young lads positive and constructive 

Jim White was really positive about it all, the academy etc. 

17 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

The late Ian Hutchinson. Him of the windmill throw in   

Ian Hutchinson was not from Burton. He was a Derby lad. He lived on Middleton Avenue, Littleover and went to Pastures Hill school. He left there to become an apprentice millwright at International Combustion and signed as a part-time pro for Burton Albion where he partnered Richie Barker up front before Richie joined the Rams.

Hutch was sold for £10k to Cambridge United (who were on course for promotion to the football league from the Southern League) for what was then a record fee for a non league player - beaten when Derby paid Worcester City £12k for Roger Davies.

Hutch was only at Cambridge a short while before Chelsea signed him and he made his debut for them on the never to be forgotten night when the Rams beat them 3-1 in a League Cup replay - the headline in the DT the next night was 'Finest night for years as Rams take Chelsea apart.'

The game was poised at 1-1 when Hutch broke away and went round Les Green at the Normanton end with an open goal in front of him. He just had to stroke the ball in. Amazingly, Jim Walker slid in and scooped the ball away from Hutch. Jim then went on a solo run down the left wing and crossed for Alan Durban to head the Rams in front.

I am glad I remember Hutch who I had watched playing for Pastures Hill for being beaten by Jim Walker and not for scoring the winner on that much cherished night.

48 minutes ago, brady1993 said:

Genuine question when was the last time we had a player produce an individual performance of that quality? Because I'm struggling to think of one from the last couple of years.

His performance and contribution was extremely close to being one of the greatest performances from a single player that I had ever seen, or at least recall.  I know we aren't playing at the highest level in football, but he was still immense.  Away at the Den too!

The goalkeeper did very well to keep out what would have been Sibleys 4th goal.

It is being a little critical to say that Sibley should have hit the target when he put his shot just over, but given his finishing is absolutely spot on, it is fair to say that on another day that would and probably should have been his 5th goal.

His performance will have made the world of football stand up and take notice, with most of them probably not aware of the screamer he scored previously against Blackburn, or the very impressive performance he put against Man United.

3 months ago he was still a kid, 3 months later he is one of the first names on our team sheet and it would take offers over 15 million before anyone bothers to answer the phone!

If he carries on as he is, he will get an England u21 call up before long.

13 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

- still buzzing, said the match ball was like a new arrival in his family and that the other players were teasing him as he was clinging to it so closely!

- praised Wassall and the coaches like crazy for all their work, said it was brilliant playing with Bird, Knight etc

- says Rooney is unbelievable on and off the pitch, constantly giving advice to the young lads positive and constructive 

The next few days are going to be key. PC will need to get Sibbo back down to Earth as soon as he can. The emotional energy that LS will be discharging now will be draining his system so I wouldn’t be surprised if LS’s next performance v Reading {if picked!} is low-key. It will be a good test of Cocu’s man-management to keep LS on an even keel. His {LS’s} start to his career has been sensational without question. Ironically, playing in an empty stadium will actually help because expectation level will be less apparent. 
If I was PC I’d give the lad Monday to enjoy the cigar, then after training on Tuesday I’d get him sweeping out the boot room and cleaning the changing room windows. 

By the way, just another bit of trivia. On Saturday, young Louie, by my reckoning equalled a Rams record set by Jack Bowers in 1929 by scoring four times in his first two full League games.

Jack Bowers also scored one on his debut at home and the following week scored an away hat-trick. 

He did not score in the next game. So come on Louie, put at least one past Reading ???

40 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

The interview is here. The introduction starts at -11.00 minutes.

https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1592816400/1592818200/

42 minutes ago, GlastoEls said:

Thanks Glasto ?

Thanks for nothing  @David ?

1 hour ago, brady1993 said:

Genuine question when was the last time we had a player produce an individual performance of that quality? Because I'm struggling to think of one from the last couple of years.

Vydra vs Middlesbrough with his hattrick and Bryson vs Forest are two that come to mind.

1 hour ago, Ellafella said:

The next few days are going to be key. PC will need to get Sibbo back down to Earth as soon as he can. The emotional energy that LS will be discharging now will be draining his system so I wouldn’t be surprised if LS’s next performance v Reading {if picked!} is low-key. It will be a good test of Cocu’s man-management to keep LS on an even keel. His {LS’s} start to his career has been sensational without question. Ironically, playing in an empty stadium will actually help because expectation level will be less apparent. 
If I was PC I’d give the lad Monday to enjoy the cigar, then after training on Tuesday I’d get him sweeping out the boot room and cleaning the changing room windows. 

Absolutely - and to be fair you’d expect Rooney to be well placed to manage that ie to your point dine off it for the rest of the weekend, do your interview on Monday, then back to the graft!

Archived