Louie Sibley

Day

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

Just for a poor middle aged man can someone remember what it was called between 88-93?

Love,

Bloke who played for the the Appleby In the Burton Pool League

Adams, then Eves, then Coasters, i think mate. Set in the old Bowling alley in Bargates, Burton. 

I played pool for the Copper Hearth around that time in the Burton Pool League. We may have met. ?

5 hours ago, mozza said:

Adams, then Eves, then Coasters, i think mate. Set in the old Bowling alley in Bargates, Burton. 

I played pool for the Copper Hearth around that time in the Burton Pool League. We may have met. ?

Played pool many times in the copper hearth, ( stapenhill?),,, girfiends dad jack Golding was a mad Derby fan ( old boy at the time ) and I used to cadge a lift to games off him ,I would go in the ossie end and him and his mates sat in the ley stand ,fun days

Louie Sibley was my favourite Derby player when he was knocking about in the U18s, so I was made up for him to score the hattrick. 

It took less than 2 minutes watching him in the youth team to realise that this kid was very special. He had a bit of bite, an edge... He could really go to the very top. He's just done to a top half Championship side what he was doing to youth teams. He's not missed a step in transition. 

I have no doubts that the hattrick will have put him on the radar of every Premier League team, but luckily I think it has potentially increased his value. I imagine there will be a few clubs putting sizable bids in this transfer window (whenever that is). I'm hopeful we can have a couple more years out of him yet. 

14 minutes ago, rynny said:

After seeing that, I was wondering how he compares with the other teenagers in this division:

image.png.6653869a3aea75c0e834d46f060a9c38.png

It's remarkable we have 3 of the top 4 rated teens, and 4 of the top 10.

Sibley, Knight and Bellingham are joint top teen scorers (4), with Bogle the runaway assist leader on 5 (next best is Bird and 2 others on 2)

2 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

After seeing that, I was wondering how he compares with the other teenagers in this division:

image.png.6653869a3aea75c0e834d46f060a9c38.png

It's remarkable we have 3 of the top 4 rated teens, and 4 of the top 10.

Sibley, Knight and Bellingham are joint top teen scorers (4), with Bogle the runaway assist leader on 5 (next best is Bird and 2 others on 2)

I appreciate there’s a sizeable age differential between them, but it’s interesting that Sibley and Knight, and Bellingham have the same number of goals despite Sibley and to a lesser extent Knight playing so much less, and Bellingham is on the radar of basically every single top club in Europe for £30m odd. I had thought he had a lot more goals than that

Archived