Louie Sibley

Day

12 minutes ago, Uptherams said:

True, but this league isn't that level as we know. Many of the positions he took up today, defenders should never allow someone to ever enter alone. But so often when a player does, there's no one else in sight and he demonstrated today, multiple times he has the instinct to get into those areas. 

To add to that, even if they do, he showed the ability to weave in and out of players in and around the box to get the shots off and part of the reason his chance in the first time has been delayed is his temperant for getting stuck in. So kicking him about won't bother him either. 

He's going to go far, especially with the likes of Rooney/Bird behind him and selfless players like Waghorn and Martin to play off. 

Yeah I agree with you here - I’m sure teams will try very hard from now on to keep him quiet, but it won’t be easy. I don’t think even he knows quite how skillful he is! The ball just sticks to him and the defenders don’t know whether to go one way or the other. He’s going to very difficult to defend against driving into the box, and that can only be a good thing for us!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pleasure to watch, great hat trick, works hard, puts his foot in, both footed great finisher, better enjoy him while we can, he could play at the very top, great movement has it all at 17, reminded me of a young Rooney today, dropping off, working hard, great finishes, we have one hell of a player, next season he could fire us to the prem no doubt about that, on a football forum a Millwall fan described him as the Messi of the championship, best young player he has seen this season, looking forward to watching him for the rest of the season, Cocu has done great with the young lads, building a very good, entertaining squad at Derby 

3 minutes ago, Will Hughes Hair said:

I just feel that a huge Will Hughes shape hole in my life has been filled.

I just hope he's polite to people in newsagents ?

Quick, stick him in defensive midfield, like we did to Will so many times. Never again!

Cocu has said he started Waghorn over Martin because he felt that Waghorn and Sibley had a better connection in training.

18 year’s old, only just made his second start and already the side is starting to be built around him. Special talent and Cocu clearly recognises that.

55 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Cocu has said he started Waghorn over Martin because he felt that Waghorn and Sibley had a better connection in training.

18 year’s old, only just made his second start and already the side is starting to be built around him. Special talent and Cocu clearly recognises that.

Yet oddly Sibbo thinks Chrissy set him up for the second! ?

And we haven't seen best of him yet. He can improve his movement a lot which is only good news. 

Looking Cocu's record developing the young players, Sibley must knows he is in good hands.

Exciting times ahead and not only because of Sibley.

3 hours ago, Uptherams said:

Quick, stick him in defensive midfield, like we did to Will so many times. Never again!

Agree we shouldn't but he has the aggression that Will lacked, ( good a player as he was ) .

Sibley is\will be a better player than Hughes will ever be. Power, aggression, touch & goals. Hughes was good but not as good as some would have us believe or else he would have bossed Watford and progressed in the PL. Hasn’t happened though has it? Sibley has the potential to go much further IMO. 

Archived