Dejudder

TuffLuff

The most boring of Friday night topics I know but can explain to me how to get a good picture on an lgtv to watch football? Everything Ive read online reads like gobbledegook. Basically it’s mostly fine but just juddery when there’s a pass and id like to eradicate.

Probably should mention I’m watching on skygo through a PS4 so presumably options are pretty limited. I’m hoping there might be something obvious I’m missing 

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, TuffLuff said:

The most boring of Friday night topics I know but can explain to me how to get a good picture on an lgtv to watch football? Everything Ive read reads like gobbledegook. Basically it’s mostly fine but just juddery when there’s a pass and id like to eradicate.

Probably should mention I’m watching on skygo through a PS4 so presumably options are pretty limited. I’m hoping there might be something obvious I’m missing 

Fixed part of that for you. As for the problem with passing, you should be half alright with tomorrow's match because you'll be bloody lucky if you see a Rowett team making a pass.

13 minutes ago, Boycie said:

Is this legal?  If not, expect proper mods to lock this thread when they see it.

Is what legal? Watching sky sports through an official sky go app? Yes, yes it is legal. Fozzie Bear Reaction GIF

16 minutes ago, richinspain said:

Fixed part of that for you. As for the problem with passing, you should be half alright with tomorrow's match because you'll be bloody lucky if you see a Rowett team making a pass.

When it’s in the air is when it’s at its worst!

Think it’ll be something I need to accept, I guess skygo has a pretty low frames per second compared to normal sky and that’s my biggest hurdle

1 minute ago, TuffLuff said:

When it’s in the air is when it’s at its worst!

Think it’ll be something I need to accept, I guess skygo has a pretty low frames per second compared to normal sky and that’s my biggest hurdle

I would guess at this. No idea how to fix/improve it. 

I'll post my settings tomorrow  if you want. 

I used to have this issue as well. My LG TV is pretty old but should still be able to improve what you you are currently experiencing. After that you can tinker with the settings yourself. 

2 minutes ago, Igor_111 said:

I'll post my settings tomorrow  if you want. 

I used to have this issue as well. My LG TV is pretty old but should still be able to improve what you you are currently experiencing. After that you can tinker with the settings yourself. 

Cheers mate, that’d be much appreciated

8 hours ago, TuffLuff said:

Hi

These are my settings. Brace yourself... (Everyone else can replay the playoff win over Millwall) 

Picture mode = Standard user

Back-light 80

Contrast 60

Brightness 65

Sharpness 25

Colour 65

Tint in the middle

Colour temp in the middle 

Advance control setting

Dynamic contrast =medium

Dynamic colour low 

Clear white off

Super resolution off

Gamma medium 

Picture Option setting 

Noise reduction low

Moeg noise reduction low 

Real cinema off

Eye care high 

Led local dimming high

Trumotion off

If you have your TV set to a preset function, that is probably what is causing the issue. Better to have your own settings.

Trumotion is the biggy here.  Thats what determines the ffs. Having it on gives that soap opera effect which some people like but I hate. Real cinema I think also plays a part so turn it off. 

If you have a game you can watch before the Millwall game, try the Trumotion bit first, then tinker with the brightness etc 

Hope this helps you out. 

Just reading into a bit more.  If the above doesn't work, have you tried changing the resolution on the ps4 at all? 

I don't own a ps4 but booting into safe mode by pressing the ps4 button for 7 seconds 2 beeps) allows you to change the resolution from automatic to say 1080p. 

Worth a try? 

3 hours ago, Igor_111 said:

Hi

These are my settings. Brace yourself... (Everyone else can replay the playoff win over Millwall) 

Back-light 80

Contrast 60

Brightness 65

Sharpness 25

Colour 65

Tint in the middle

Advance control setting

Dynamic contrast =medium

Dynamic colour low 

Clear white off

Super resolution off

Gamma medium 

Picture Option setting 

Noise reduction low

Moeg noise reduction low 

Real cinema off

Eye care high 

Led local dimming high

Trumotion off

If you have your TV set to a preset function, that is probably what is causing the issue. Better to have your own settings.

Trumotion is the biggy here.  Thats what determines the ffs. Having it on gives that soap opera effect which some people like but I hate. Real cinema I think also plays a part so turn it off. 

If you have a game you can watch before the Millwall game, try the Trumotion bit first, then tinker with the brightness etc 

Hope this helps you out. 

That’s ace mate thankyou for your help. I’ll give it a try in a bit watching last nights game back. 

I’ll check out what I can change with the PS4 too! 

On 19/06/2020 at 22:30, TuffLuff said:

Hi

Back-light 80

Contrast 60

Brightness 65

Sharpness 25

Colour 65

Tint in the middle

Advance control setting

Dynamic contrast =medium

Dynamic colour low 

Clear white off

Super resolution off

Gamma medium 

Picture Option setting 

Noise reduction low

Moeg noise reduction low 

Real cinema off

Eye care high 

Led local dimming high

Trumotion off

Hope this helps you out. 

Looks like there’s been some good info in here but the theory behind it is that a lot of the fancy picture processing TVs can do struggle with the fast moving ball/camera. So, the way to improve it is actually to turn off or turn down a lot of the settings like true motion etc. What I would do, if I was in your situation, is probably turn everything off or down and then slowly turn it back on or turn it up one by one until you find the setting that messes with it. 

As for with your PS4, start with the Game picture setting and go from there. Without it you will have input lag which means it takes longer for what you press on the controller to occur on the screen. 

2 hours ago, Igor_111 said:

Hi TuffLuff 

Did you have any joy sorting out your issue? 

A lot better mate, might just need to fiddle with a few bits like the contrast to get it right for the room but it’s given me a much better base  the motion is much much better.

Not really looked into the PS4 settings yet but I will do tonight for the scouser Derby.

Thanks again mate, that helped me out massively 

Archived