Jump to content

RamsTV Streaming | How to Watch


Recommended Posts

7 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

A good point, although, in the context of the recent Super League announcement, your argument might suggest fans should be in favour of the Super League if it will bring in extra revenue for the clubs that they support!

If I am paying to watch a football match, and related content, then the adverts detract from that.

I cannot remember! Do Sky Sports show adverts?

Of course they do - and a heck of a lot more than Rams TV! 

For a lot of our sponsors denied in ground advertising,  getting a few Rams TV adverts will be one of the things that is  keeping them from cancelling their contracts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, richinspain said:

How is it going to create more money for clubs? It's a closed shop where only the already rich clubs can play. Have they at any point said that part of their new mass amount of money will be shared amongst the riff-raff? Any money they do "share" will be in transfer money, as it already is.

What I am saying is: if we can argue for adverts on Rams TV because it brings extra revenue to the club that Derby fans love - then we would be able to argue that Liverpool fans will be in favour of the Super League because it will bring in extra revenue to the club that Liverpool fans love.

Sorry for arguing the point - but we must be careful of supporting things on the basis that it brings extra revenue.

We could get rid of wheelchair spaces, and fill them up with extra seating to bring in extra revenue.

We could enforce the ban on fans bringing their Worther's Originals and flasks of tea to increase revenue.

Where would it stop - we could even aim for promotion to gain extra revenue! 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Of course they do - and a heck of a lot more than Rams TV! 

For a lot of our sponsors denied in ground advertising,  getting a few Rams TV adverts will be one of the things that is  keeping them from cancelling their contracts.

The contractual obligation reasons make sense!

But, the Sky Sports advertising argument does not make sense to me. As I said before, when I pay Netflix, I don't get adverts. I don't see why we allow football media to get away with it.

We often mute the volume when the adverts come on, get distracted by something else, and end up missing part of the game!

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

To be honest, the Marstons and Pukka adverts have become embedded as part of the match day ritual! And my son and I enjoy shouting, "No thanks," each time we are asked to try Pukka's new vegetable pie.

But, if I time in before the match, if rather watch more Derby stuff, and see more replays at half-time.

I would say that if like to watch the post-match show on Rams TV too, but I cannot stand the passionless sterility.

The adverts also give @Owen87ITK a chance to have a break from talking, let's him have a drink etc.

I've seen a few games through ifollow, the leagues streaming service and RamsTV if far superior in every way. Some clubs don't have a build up before hand, no commentary at all, it is literally team sheets in screen, 2 minutes of the warm ups and then adverts half time has 90 seconds of highlights then more adverts. Some teams have their local radio over the top of the viewing, and again nothing at half time bar 90 seconds of highlights. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Take the forum! We know why we have adverts - but that doesn't mean that the forum wouldn't be better if it could exist without adverts.

I don't know what the revenue stream is due Rams TV, but I wonder if it could exist without adverts!

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Ken Tram said:

What I am saying is: if we can argue for adverts on Rams TV because it brings extra revenue to the club that Derby fans love - then we would be able to argue that Liverpool fans will be in favour of the Super League because it will bring in extra revenue to the club that Liverpool fans love.

Sorry for arguing the point - but we must be careful of supporting things on the basis that it brings extra revenue.

We could get rid of wheelchair spaces, and fill them up with extra seating to bring in extra revenue.

We could enforce the ban on fans bringing their Worther's Originals and flasks of tea to increase revenue.

Where would it stop - we could even aim for promotion to gain extra revenue! 😉

You were putting forward such good arguments, then you just went completely insane.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, richinspain said:

You were putting forward such good arguments, then you just went completely insane.

I think I will accept that!

It means that if I am insane, at least I was making good points!

Or, if I wasn't making good points, at least I am not insane.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

It's good to know that Rams TV is better than the alternatives! Very reassuring. 🙂

But, I cannot stop myself from asking: would it be even better without the adverts!?

Maybe it wouldn't exist without them?

RamsTV and academy are pretty much only parts of the club which do give me some enjoyment.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

The contractual obligation reasons make sense!

But, the Sky Sports advertising argument does not make sense to me. As I said before, when I pay Netflix, I don't get adverts. I don't see why we allow football media to get away with it.

We often mute the volume when the adverts come on, get distracted by something else, and end up missing part of the game!

Adverts don’t come on when the games playing mate?

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Ken Tram said:

Take the forum! We know why we have adverts - but that doesn't mean that the forum wouldn't be better if it could exist without adverts.

I don't know what the revenue stream is due Rams TV, but I wonder if it could exist without adverts!

The Adverts aren't even on during the actual game, so I am confused as to why this affects you so much? 

It's like saying I've paid for a match ticket today, so why do I have to go to the ground and see advertising boards and sponsors on shirts? 

Anything that can help generate money for the club is vital, even if it's just a few adds before the game and at half time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

People just love a good moan , dont like the adverts then dont watch RamsTV they are obviously there for a reason which is likely providing money for the club we all love in a period of time where we are likely short of a bob or two!

Edited by SFox1993
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Rampant said:

I only switch on five minutes before kick off and usually spend half time trying to forget the first half by doing the dishes. Barely see adverts tbh.

If you need something to do for the second half, my kitchen sink is available.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.