Live football thread.

Rev

9 minutes ago, Grumpy Git said:

I think that was one of the last games I saw at the BBG??

That was a freezing night.  Remember Mark Paterson scoring from about forty yards then wrecking his knee.  Then it was called off so it counted for nought.  The next match -the 3rd- we won and it was a great game against Villa in the next round - night time, 7 goals, a brilliant goal from Williams and someone getting in the Villa dressing room at full time and abusing Ron Atkinson. A proper atmosphere at the BBG that night. When cup games still mattered

16 minutes ago, SKRam said:

That one abandoned and the floodlights at PP V Wimbledon the two abandoned games I’ve seen we’ll sort of seen ..... for a bit 

Yes, I was living in Cambridge at the time. Had to stop half-way back as the wipers were frozen, when I got out of the car in the middle of nowhere, I slipped on my arse it was that icy.

Got back at about 1 a.m.

8 hours ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Was one against Plymouth that was postponed before kick off in the 90’s stayed in the Vine on Whittaker St until about 7pm absolutely hammered  didn’t get home until after 10 couldn’t see a taxi never mind catch one 

How come postponed, don’t recall that one! 

23 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

Yes, I was living in Cambridge at the time. Had to stop half-way back as the wipers were frozen, when I got out of the car in the middle of nowhere, I slipped on my arse it was that icy.

Got back at about 1 a.m.

Hope you can look back on it now with affection. I remember how gutted I was. I had an hour and a half drive so not quite so bad! Frozen wipers ?

23 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

That was a freezing night.  Remember Mark Paterson scoring from about forty yards then wrecking his knee.  Then it was called off so it counted for nought.  The next match -the 3rd- we won and it was a great game against Villa in the next round - night time, 7 goals, a brilliant goal from Williams and someone getting in the Villa dressing room at full time and abusing Ron Atkinson. A proper atmosphere at the BBG that night. When cup games still mattered

Yeah was there for that too. Scoring three still going out ?
Abusing Ron Atkinson blimey that sounds wrong on so many levels ?

Edited by SKRam
Added text

Sith Happens
1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

How so?

Does he beat his wife? Does he preach hate? Kick cats?

I think horrible person is a bit ott but he has clearly behaved like a bit of a nob on several occasions in 2020. Hopefully he will learn from it.

2 hours ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

How so?

Does he beat his wife? Does he preach hate? Kick cats?

His abuse at the lino last night, which the sky commentator had to apologize for just confirmed to me the bloke is a duckin arrogant horrible rick........