Live football thread.

Rev

16 minutes ago, Wazztie16 said:

What if it stops a (clear) goal scoring opportunity? 

Which bit don't you get about an accidental collision? - without intent it's not a foul, it's therefore not a freekick or a penalty - whether it's a goal-scoring opportunity is utterly irrelevant if a foul hasn't been committed.....

Yes, there would be occassions when a player tried to look as if they'd accidentally run into another player to stop an attack (think David Luiz who does it fairly regularly) but it should be easily picked up by VAR. If we revert to actually applying the laws of the game which deem that a foul is an unfair act by a player, we'd get rid of the ridiculous 'I felt him brush against my shirt so I'd better throw myself to the ground' approach that's so prevalent nowadays....

6 minutes ago, Gaspode said:

Which bit don't you get about an accidental collision? - without intent it's not a foul, it's therefore not a freekick or a penalty - whether it's a goal-scoring opportunity is utterly irrelevant if a foul hasn't been committed.....

Yes, there would be occassions when a player tried to look as if they'd accidentally run into another player to stop an attack (think David Luiz who does it fairly regularly) but it should be easily picked up by VAR. If we revert to actually applying the laws of the game which deem that a foul is an unfair act by a player, we'd get rid of the ridiculous 'I felt him brush against my shirt so I'd better throw myself to the ground' approach that's so prevalent nowadays....

of course it is, accidental collisions can, and most often are punishable because someone is out of control or reckless. He was recklessly out of control when sliding across the floor, and had his studs been up high, and made contact, it's irrelevant whether intent was there, he'd have seen red.

Just now, Kernow said:

Every Premier League game watched makes me not actually being fussed about staying in the Championship for years to come. At least we have poo referee decisions, then that's the end of it, the game goes on. They have poo decisions, five minutes of deliberation, and then still a poo decision. So boring.

This was a farce before VAR even got involved! 

3 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

This was a farce before VAR even got involved! 

Precisely! At least the farces we're used to are over and done with inside a minute. We had to wait about 4 minutes to review the farce, presumably while those at Stockley Park quickly wrote a variety of decisions on some scrap pieces of paper, then picked one out a hat to reach the conclusion.

3 hours ago, Kernow said:

Every Premier League game watched makes me not actually being fussed about staying in the Championship for years to come. At least we have poo referee decisions, then that's the end of it, the game goes on. They have poo decisions, five minutes of deliberation, and then still a poo decision. So boring.

Yeah but poo decisions with lots of spondoolicks Money Smoking GIF

11 hours ago, Mr. P said:

We keep saying how poor the championship is this season but the premier league ain’t that great either. Somehow Man Utd are still second.

Game last night would have been better if the fog had thickened a bit more......2 poor teams that for large parts of the game were just going through the motions - never heard Gary Neville so openly critical of Man Utd either...