Stormy, stormy night....

uttoxram75

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, uttoxram75 said:

Anyone in the middle of a thunderstorm.

Just got soaked through to me under crackers walking home from work, proper Hammer House of Horror lightning and thunder, power cuts, flooded roads.

It's not started here yet.

We just caught the tail-end a couple of times in Donington. I have been tracking the storms since lunchtime. The Memsahib and I declared it "Beer o'clock" at 2:30, and I said that I thought we would be ok in the garden until about 4:00. It actually started raining at about 3:55, so I'm a stinking liar. It only rained for about 5 minutes, then started again about 9:30 for about half an hour - steady without needing to call for an Ark. They've all been passing a few miles to the West of us (Swad, Burton, Rugeley etc before taking it out on Utch).

More tomorrow.

I felt cheated yesterday. Love a good thunderstorm, me.

I was checking regularly on the rain radar and it seemed the storms were developing just a couple of miles north west of us, which meant the other side of Newark got a proper & repeated drenching but we had bugger all apart from the sound of distant thunder.

11 hours ago, Eddie said:

We just caught the tail-end a couple of times in Donington. I have been tracking the storms since lunchtime. The Memsahib and I declared it "Beer o'clock" at 2:30, and I said that I thought we would be ok in the garden until about 4:00. It actually started raining at about 3:55, so I'm a stinking liar. It only rained for about 5 minutes, then started again about 9:30 for about half an hour - steady without needing to call for an Ark. They've all been passing a few miles to the West of us (Swad, Burton, Rugeley etc before taking it out on Utch).

More tomorrow.

What app do you use?

Archived