Mason Bennett

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Be glad to miss out on posts like this on here. ?

On 15/06/2020 at 08:46, TheEnchanter said:

Never seems to do much for Derby in his many sub appearances. Also involved in that drink drive scandal and had to make an apology for an offensive video mocking Derby county during lockdown. 

Sadly this is the sort of player I expect us to sign. 

Owl999 said: Should we not have signed Bannan due to his drink drive past ? At least Bennett had actually passed his driving test 

Bennett isn't as bad as advertised. I even think his 'character' issues are massively overblown. We all know that he's renowned as one of the hardest working footballers in the squad, and always has been since he was a kid. 

He made a mistake, as big as it was, which led to a video which I'm sure was tongue in cheek. I know a lot of people felt sensitive about it, which is their right, but I highly doubt there was any malice behind it. I would still say reading between the lines that he's a good, honest, hardworking kid trying to make a career. 

I would say that he's not quite got the technical ability to really progress on to the next level as a footballer, but he does make his presence known on a pitch with his physicality. I would say that he can make it as a Championship footballer, causing a nuisance and his consistency has improved a lot. He hasn't really gone 'missing' in many games over the past two season, albeit injuries still plague him. 

I think Millwall would be a better fit for him; a manager that obviously likes him in a team that obviously has an outstanding work ethic that he can thrive in. I would suspect that Wednesday would pay him more, though, so I wouldn't blame him either way. 

Archived