Rams Review Podcast

derbyfan55

A quiet week of Derby County news means that it's time for another ex-player interview!

Listen here: Rams Review Meets Miles Addison!

We sat down with Miles Addison to discuss life & his career! We discuss his Derby career, his breakout season, THAT game against Forest, his injury issues and how he fell back in love with football while playing non-league. We also find out what's the best and worst parts about being a pro footballer and what he's up to now!

What are you memories of Miles Addison? Hope you enjoy the episode, let us know your thoughts!

Aqua and Yellow Girl Photo Music YouTube Channel Art (6).png

A new week and a new podcast!

In this weeks episode, we sat down with former Derby goalkeeper Mart Poom to discuss his career in the game!

Listen here: Rams Review meets Mart Poom

We discuss:

☭Playing behind the Iron Curtain

??Playing and coaching Estonia

?#dcfc memories

?Jim Smith

❤️His love for Derby & #dcfcfans

️That goal against Derby

Give it a listen (and let us know what you think) and share your memories of Poooooooooooooooooooooooom!

Aqua and Yellow Girl Photo Music YouTube Channel Art (7).png

• 2 weeks later...

We spoke with football finance expert Kieran Maguire yesterday about the latest EFL appeal and what it means for Derby. We also spoke about what's next, the unpublished accounts, Derby's ownership (and failed takeovers), COVID-19 and it's impact on the football economy and Matt Clarke!

Listen Here: Kieran Maguire Conversation

Give it a listen and let us know your thoughts!

Secret Garden Twitter Post (20).png

10 minutes ago, derbyfan55 said:

We spoke with football finance expert Kieran Maguire yesterday about the latest EFL appeal and what it means for Derby. We also spoke about what's next, the unpublished accounts, Derby's ownership (and failed takeovers), COVID-19 and it's impact on the football economy and Matt Clarke!

It was excellent, well done in getting him on your podcast

40 minutes ago, derbyfan55 said:

Gave it a listen this morning, was an interesting pod and has now been added to my subscribe list. KM came across pretty well too.

Was interesting, although i think KM was slightly off point on the resubmitting accounts.

I think anything arising out of those will have to be a new set of charges (they couldn't have been part of the original charge for obvious reasons) and cannot have any baring on the season just finished if the charge is raised after the season has finished. All of that fun is awaiting next season anyway.

The key thing is the EFL appeal against the £100k fine. If we're deducted points retrospecivly relegating us *just for the accounting policy* than that's a rum outcome for us, but possible. I think (hope) the view will be "what you won was all the accouts for the disputed years being resubmitted and getting to charge Derby for anything arising from that."

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/06/2021 at 13:35, RadioactiveWaste said:

Was interesting, although i think KM was slightly off point on the resubmitting accounts.

I think anything arising out of those will have to be a new set of charges (they couldn't have been part of the original charge for obvious reasons) and cannot have any baring on the season just finished if the charge is raised after the season has finished. All of that fun is awaiting next season anyway.

The key thing is the EFL appeal against the £100k fine. If we're deducted points retrospecivly relegating us *just for the accounting policy* than that's a rum outcome for us, but possible. I think (hope) the view will be "what you won was all the accouts for the disputed years being resubmitted and getting to charge Derby for anything arising from that."

Yeah, fingers crossed that is the case. I feel that once the accounts are submitted Derby might be over the FFP limit. Funny how after Derby are ordered to resubmit their accounts, Pearce finds £30 million from the stadium sale valuation!

2 hours ago, derbyfan55 said:

Yeah, fingers crossed that is the case. I feel that once the accounts are submitted Derby might be over the FFP limit. Funny how after Derby are ordered to resubmit their accounts, Pearce finds £30 million from the stadium sale valuation!

Certainly a game of "oh, if we have to recount things, I think I might count this pot of money which I didn't last time"

If everything was peachy anyway why did we change the accounting policy in the first place .........

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Season Preview Podcast Spectacular!! 

We are joined by Ryan Conway from The Athletic to talk all things Derby County ahead of the new season! We discussed Kamil Jóźwiak, ??????Tom Lawrence, Wayne Rooney, Derby's transfer plans and found our Ryan's predictions for the season. We also had a bit of fun chatting about baby animals and Ryan's Euro adventures.

Then we got the lowdown from And He Takes That Chance on Huddersfield ahead of the opening match of the season.

Listen here: Season Preview Podcast and Huddersfield Chat

Give it a listen and let us know your thoughts about the podcast and Saturday's match!

Talkin' Terriers (10).png

3 hours ago, derbyfan55 said:

Season Preview Podcast Spectacular!! 

We are joined by Ryan Conway from The Athletic to talk all things Derby County ahead of the new season! We discussed Kamil Jóźwiak, ??????Tom Lawrence, Wayne Rooney, Derby's transfer plans and found our Ryan's predictions for the season. We also had a bit of fun chatting about baby animals and Ryan's Euro adventures.

Then we got the lowdown from And He Takes That Chance on Huddersfield ahead of the opening match of the season.

Listen here: Season Preview Podcast and Huddersfield Chat

Give it a listen and let us know your thoughts about the podcast and Saturday's match!

Talkin' Terriers (10).png

Great stuff, cheers. Ryan, a vision of the future sir...2854.thumb.jpg.b4844c027152e3346a3e0dd25a444235.jpg

We have a bumper episode this week!

Listen here: Salford preview, Huddersfield Reaction & Things Turn a Bit Posh!

We preview the Salford match with journalist Charlie Gregory and season ticket holder Andy.

We review the Huddersfield match.

And then we sit down with the owner of Peterbourgh United, Darragh MacAnthony and get his thoughts on:

?Jack Marriott

?Posh's return to the 2nd tier

⬆️The future

?Fans in stands

?Derby's situation and Mel Morris & more!

This is not an episode to miss!

Talkin' Terriers (12).png

Hi everyone!

Listen Here: Eyeing the Tigers, Pish Posh and Breaking Down Boro

We've got another episode for you all! We sit down with Barry Cooper from the Hull Daily Mail to preview the Hull City match. We discuss Hull's return to the Championship, the key men, the manager, the ownership situation and the press ban (and more)! We also give a score prediction.

We then look ahead to Saturday's match against Boro with the Boro Breakdown. We find out about Boro's transfer business, their expectations for the upcoming season and where their strengths and weaknesses are and we give a score prediction!

Then we review the Peterborough match

As always, let us know your thoughts on the match and the podcast! Up the Rams!

Talkin' Terriers.png

3 hours ago, derbyfan55 said:

Hi everyone!

Listen Here: Eyeing the Tigers, Pish Posh and Breaking Down Boro

We've got another episode for you all! We sit down with Barry Cooper from the Hull Daily Mail to preview the Hull City match. We discuss Hull's return to the Championship, the key men, the manager, the ownership situation and the press ban (and more)! We also give a score prediction.

We then look ahead to Saturday's match against Boro with the Boro Breakdown. We find out about Boro's transfer business, their expectations for the upcoming season and where their strengths and weaknesses are and we give a score prediction!

Then we review the Peterborough match

As always, let us know your thoughts on the match and the podcast! Up the Rams!

Talkin' Terriers.png

Great,in depth articles,excellent!

But...could you try and sorry out your sound levels please,they are all over the place between pieces,adverts,intro music etc and as I listen to them in the car,I'm off and on the volume controls like I've got a weird form of ocd!

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong