Don't Ignore The Warnings

mozza

9 minutes ago, 86 Schmokes & a Pancake said:

How are you getting on @mozza? Hope your recovering well mate ?

Baby steps mate, peaks and troughs, but I've had a lot of work done on me. A week ago today was when they did the operation. Incredible job done by our fantastic Health Service.  

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, mozza said:

Baby steps mate, peaks and troughs, but I've had a lot of work done on me. A week ago today was when they did the operation. Incredible job done by our fantastic Health Service.  

Ah, well rest up well mate. Hopefully you'll be back on top form in the not too distant. ?

Just had my most uncomfortable 24hrs so far. I now know how the women folk amongst us feel regarding childbirth requiring operations etc. feel. I got constipated, and with 42 clips and god knows how many stitches inside me, that ain't good , I couldn't cough, hardly push etc. After trying various old wives tales , i finally failed to 'man up' and called my surgery. My virtual appointment was made very quickly (20mins) , and i had a friendly chat with my GP. He told me not to worry as constipation is very common after this sort of procedure , and that codeine is the likely cause, acting against the anti constipation tablet .He suggested that (if the pain wasn't too great) i should drop the codeine and just use the parcetamol as a pain killer. He also prescribed me suppositorys, of which i don't wish to go into too much detail about. At this point in time (just after 6pm) my pain is about 1.5 which is amazing , considering the amount of the old mozza has been taken away .

Thank You NHS, you are the best !!  xx.

1 hour ago, mozza said:

Just had my most uncomfortable 24hrs so far. I now know how the women folk amongst us feel regarding childbirth requiring operations etc. feel. I got constipated, and with 42 clips and god knows how many stitches inside me, that ain't good , I couldn't cough, hardly push etc. After trying various old wives tales , i finally failed to 'man up' and called my surgery. My virtual appointment was made very quickly (20mins) , and i had a friendly chat with my GP. He told me not to worry as constipation is very common after this sort of procedure , and that codeine is the likely cause, acting against the anti constipation tablet .He suggested that (if the pain wasn't too great) i should drop the codeine and just use the parcetamol as a pain killer. He also prescribed me suppositorys, of which i don't wish to go into too much detail about. At this point in time (just after 6pm) my pain is about 1.5 which is amazing , considering the amount of the old mozza has been taken away .

Orange juice, and plenty of it will flush the system out.

Think of it like Redex for a car.

On 19/06/2020 at 18:13, mozza said:

I'll ask you how the suppositories are going for you, just so you can say "for all the good they're doing me I might as well shove them up my 'arris". 

• 2 weeks later...

Just had a call from Derby Royal, courtesy call i suppose, asking me how i'm coping?, ''fine, excellent even.. ". Have i had any symptoms of the covid virus since i left hospital? , "none at all". Are you self isolating?,  "yes, not been off my premises at all". I can't emphasise enough, as to how good our NHS is.. 

Archived