Gluten Free

Coneheadjohn

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dont buy gluten free crisps! Alot of crisps are gluten free anyway... wotsits, Seabrook, pom bears are all gluten free. 

The main thing we found is everything is labelled really well so look at normal products before automatically buying the gluten free version for triple the price. I'd check the labels of everything you give them because some things you'd expect to be fine have gluten in like vimto for example.

On 12/06/2020 at 17:35, Van Cone De Head said:

Anyone?

Youngest just diagnosed with  Coeliac,we’ve been studying it but any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

You can get San Miguel, Peroni and Stella Artois gluten free, costs a bit more than the standard though. 

On 12/06/2020 at 22:35, Ramslad1992 said:

Dont buy gluten free crisps! Alot of crisps are gluten free anyway... wotsits, Seabrook, pom bears are all gluten free. 

The main thing we found is everything is labelled really well so look at normal products before automatically buying the gluten free version for triple the price. I'd check the labels of everything you give them because some things you'd expect to be fine have gluten in like vimto for example.

Got him a box of Seabrooks,Cheese and Onion.

He likes wosits and Pom bears...cheers ?

41 minutes ago, Van Cone De Head said:

Got him a box of Seabrooks,Cheese and Onion.

He likes wosits and Pom bears...cheers ?

It’s some of the exotic flavours like beef that can have wheat in them.

KP dry roasted nuts are GF, mind you, it’s not fashionable to give nuts to kids anymore.

Co-op have battered fish two pack in the chilled section that’s GF. Like others have said, not all the GF stuff is in one dedicated area.  Sainsbury’s are good.

lots of posh sausages are GF now too.  Not richmonds though, mind you, is there even any pork in Richmonds?

1 hour ago, Boycie said:

Co-op have battered fish two pack in the chilled section that’s GF. Like others have said, not all the GF stuff is in one dedicated area.  Sainsbury’s are good.

lots of posh sausages are GF now too.  Not richmonds though, mind you, is there even any pork in Richmonds?

Yes I think all tesco finest sausages are all gluten free.

7 hours ago, Van Cone De Head said:

How’s the taste in comparison?

Poo, I cheat and suffer occasionally to satisfy cravings or night outs (not so many lately), the good news is you can ferment an even bigger waistline by becoming a cider drinker, plus about every short or cocktail going and wine. Drinking is not an issue.

Tesco I have to say have far the biggest selection of gf food, particularly frozen stuff. Your kid and family if you eat with him in sympathy, will eat far more healthier, than is until/unless the wife discovers gf baking recipes.

Went out in a blaze of glory myself, went on a all inclusive holiday, drinking beers, too much pastries and you name it, could only sleep with the gut ache by getting stoned, thought I had something real nasty, then discovered a few allergies. Lost around 2 stone in weight but put a stone back on once I got my diet under control, that was 7 years ago.

Need any help just message me. The prescription bread is not that bad, just a bit dry, cheaper than you pay in the shops though. To be honest I eat far better than I used to, it can be quite an a epiphany moment changing to gf as regards diet. Mediterranean type diet works well too.

Archived