George was great for Derby

Curtains

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was an absolute treat.  He speaks so well and has got great memories of his time at Derby.  Some really interesting insight as well - his relationship with John Gregory especially. Top top man and an unsung hero of that team.  One of my favourite Rams TV meets so far.

Excellent interview (as always seems the case with these RamsTV meets, only Super Bobby Davison disappointed for me but that was more due to Bobby's memory). I loved George as a player and he comes across as a very nice person. It's good to see that despite social distancing they can still bring us things of this quality.

Great player George. Very pivotal in that team and an absolute rock. Hard as nails player that did all the dirty work that allowed us to then go and play further up the field. Decent passer as well though and scored a couple of screamers when he did venture further forward. Great to hear from him again. 

Yes GW was a great player. I have a plate with his photo in the middle of the plate which I bought from the Ramtique.

I'm not sure why as a teenager I thought yep I'm going to buy one of them antique looking plates, I've never ate anything off it, or ever nailed it to the wall or bought s fireplace to go with it, poor old plate is just tucked away in the dark in my chilly loft.

It's about time the megastore sold a Louie Sibley fork and a Wayne Rooney knife to go with my plate or a set of Kelle Roos flying ducks so I can stick them up with my GW plate or a Jason Knight fireplace so I have somewhere to put my GW plate!

On 13/06/2020 at 09:08, richinspain said:

Excellent interview (as always seems the case with these RamsTV meets, only Super Bobby Davison disappointed for me but that was more due to Bobby's memory). I loved George as a player and he comes across as a very nice person. It's good to see that despite social distancing they can still bring us things of this quality.

I agree Davison came across as a bit of a nob

• 5 months later...

My favourite player from that time, maybe because he played in my position. Only watched the first five minutes so far, so maybe this is covered later. But my recollection was that Steve McClaren was bought to replace George, but our Welsh midfield wizard upped his game so much, McClaren didn't end up playing nearly as much as he expected. 

Look forward to watching the rest. Thanks for posting. 

Archived