Alan Hinton

RamFan13

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wonder who the one like was from? 

A sad reminder that attitudes take some changing. 

I'm afraid many of us now in middle age were brought up in environments where other races were seen as outsiders. It's only when you mature and expand your horizons that you learn. 

Some people just don't change, even if they deny it. 

39 minutes ago, RamFan13 said:

698F683C-46F2-4C1B-BA09-D901A4C24897.thumb.jpeg.34caaedffc6be30a14f5b63df346474b.jpeg

He was later on in the evening ‘sacked’ by Seattle Sounders as a “Brand ambassador”

views?

He was a Rams legend for sure, and he was one of my early idols. However, his reputation with me was tarnished in the early 70's after an incident at a charity cricket match which I think I have related on here before. ('Hit it with your handbag Gladys!')

1 minute ago, Mazzaram said:

He was a Rams legend for sure, and he was one of my early idols. However, his reputation with me was tarnished in the early 70's after an incident at a charity cricket match which I think I have related on here before. ('Hit it with your handbag Gladys!')

Do go on.

He was playing for a 'Select XI' against my local Castle Donington First XI, which included the likes of Les Green. When he went in to bat, I shouted the aforementioned words of encouragement. He walked back towards where I was sitting and demanded to know who had shouted the comment. When I owned up and informed him that it was just a bit of fun and that I was a Derby fan, he angrily replied something like, 'You are typical. Brave on the terraces, but different when you face up to me. You are no fan.' Humiliating in front of all my Trees schoolmates. I was about 14 at the time.

Just now, Sidd10 said:

I've always wondered why he puts so many question marks on his tweets? Is it an addiction? No place for racism anyway, no matter how old and confused you are?

He adds so many question marks as an invitation to reply. 

1 minute ago, Sidd10 said:

That o

That doesn't make sense but ok?

He has been asked about it before and that is his response. If he uses full stops then it is a statement, however if uses question marks he is asking questions and wishes for people to reply to him. 

2 minutes ago, rynny said:

He has been asked about it before and that is his response. If he uses full stops then it is a statement, however if uses question marks he is asking questions and wishes for people to reply to him. 

It still doesn't make sense, cause he puts a question mark on mostly statements. I think someone needs to take his phone off him and change his twitter password and probably just not give him his phone back?

10 minutes ago, rynny said:

I read it in an aussie accent, with the high rising terminal. Some aussies speak like everything is a question.

44 minutes ago, Mazzaram said:

He was playing for a 'Select XI' against my local Castle Donington First XI, which included the likes of Les Green. When he went in to bat, I shouted the aforementioned words of encouragement. He walked back towards where I was sitting and demanded to know who had shouted the comment. When I owned up and informed him that it was just a bit of fun and that I was a Derby fan, he angrily replied something like, 'You are typical. Brave on the terraces, but different when you face up to me. You are no fan.' Humiliating in front of all my Trees schoolmates. I was about 14 at the time.

They say you should never meet your heroes. Sounds like you touched a nerve. ..

Archived