What are fourite ice cream flavours

B4ev6is

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Pastinaak said:

@B4ev6is have you ever been to Matlock Meadows? They make some good ice cream there - like you I like the fruity ones best and the honeycomb.

But they also do different things all the time like Chicken Tikka Ice Cream which is actually quite good!

I have a dislike of any ice cream maker who openly tries to curry flavour.

3 hours ago, GboroRam said:

Didn't realise you were a Lincoln lad. I moved from Gainsborough a few years ago and was in North Hykeham until January.

I can confirm, Daisy Made is very good. Blyton Ices is also really nice, if you're over Gainsborough way.

Yes I now live in Lincoln. Lived in Witham st Hugh's for a bit too. Never really go Gainsbotough way... I've not had my Jabs!

Holidays in Anglsey in the 1960's .. the garage by the lake (well pond ) on the way back from the beach. Rummaging in the single asthmatic freezer to find the holy grail of a raspberry Mivi .. much much better than strawberry, there were always strawberry ones but Raspberry was in short supply !. .. Hot sunburned, tired, happy, Dad saying don't drip it on the seats. 

Other contenders; Mums home made lemon sorbet, cider lollies were good too and tubs of Walls vanilla in the cinema .. oh yes and a frutta di bosco cornet from a little Italian shop in Liguria a long while ago little crunchy bits of real fruit  .. Good stuff ice cream 

15 hours ago, Pastinaak said:

@B4ev6is have you ever been to Matlock Meadows? They make some good ice cream there - like you I like the fruity ones best and the honeycomb.

But they also do different things all the time like Chicken Tikka Ice Cream which is actually quite good!

No never been there not sure about chicken tikka ice cream sound bit strange even for me.

Sith Happens
9 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Arctic Roll

do you eat that wearing flairs and sitting in a room with a black and white telly with the walls covered in wood chip? ?

Sith Happens
2 hours ago, B4ev6is said:

No never been there not sure about chicken tikka ice cream sound bit strange even for me.

agree, I think you would have to be madras a hatter to eat that stuff 

Pear, mint, orange, cherry, chocolate, salted caramel, raspberry, strawberry, pineapple,  passion fruit, apricot, butterscotch, lime, peach, pina colada, toffee, vanilla....

but not all at once.

Mrs VdM has had to cave on some of her artistic principles.....

.....kids love the highly coloured ice cream flavours bubblegum, jellybean, mint chocolate chip.. which she makes wincing......

They're the cheaper ones to make as well. Compared to vanilla,  pistachio and chocolate (she only uses imported Belgian chocolate callets).

55 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

.....kids love the highly coloured ice cream flavours bubblegum, jellybean, mint chocolate chip.. which she makes wincing......

They're the cheaper ones to make as well. Compared to vanilla,  pistachio and chocolate (she only uses imported Belgian chocolate callets).

Southampton away in August sounds good now. Swap pre match beer for an artisan ice cream

1 hour ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I am 73 years old in 2 weeks,never heard the word callets,explain please

Archived