Steven Fletcher - signed for Stoke

JfR

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Articles that link 10 clubs to a single player are about as believable as Dominic Cummings “eyetest” story. Almost certainly nothing to see here. 

That said, I’ve always rated Fletcher, I think he’s a proper top player at this level so it’d be no surprise to see Prem clubs go in for him. Proper all round number 9 who always makes me nervous when we face him, probably deserves to be playing at the highest level, so I doubt we’d have any chance even if we were in for him. Which we shouldn’t need to be as Striker really shouldn’t be a priority this summer - we’ve already got our own top end championship striker in Chris Martin, just extend his contract ffs!!

Hope not. He was on massive wages, and has always looked naff.

played well against us in the home game though earlier in the season.

He's one of the most overrated players around in my opinion. The fact that this absolute jobber has moved for 12 million is a damning indictment of the financial excesses of modern football. I know there's likely nothing in this rumour, but I'd be genuinely annoyed if we wasted any money at all on this guy.

13 hours ago, secretsquirrel said:

Thought we were reducing the wage bill-and going for youth-surely this would be against Mels future strategy

13 hours ago, Rab a dab doo said:

What happened to our promotion of youth policy ?

Impossible to build a squad entirely from academy lads. Given Martin looks like he'll be leaving, Waghorn occasionally plays on the right and Marriott's injury troubles, I don't think it's unreasonable to say we'll be in for a CF in the summer. Doubts over whether Trialist is ready for this level and and no other CFs ready for the step up (Whittaker is primarily a RF) add to the reasons for recruiting someone. A free transfer such as this is good business, even if it's to plug a gap for a couple of years.

GK, CB and possibly a winger are the only other positions we'll look to recruit in.

Seems like Covid-19 ruined the silly season as well. There's barely a transfer rumour and when they have one, there's 8 teams linked with mediocre player.

Best time of the season, completely ruined. 

Disappointed Monkey GIF by Justin

Archived