Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

7 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I dont think Chelsea or Frank would be willing to do us any kind of favour.

In our financial situation, if Chelsea were willing to send us players as a favour we would have had 4 last season and 4 this year.

We burnt bridges, we arent being sent any life boats....as Mr Jody Morris alluded to.

Burnt bridges? How so? 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Burnt bridges? How so? 

11 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Was going to ask myself.  Beat me to it.

He said something cryptic earlier in the saga, but I'll take this as his truth.

5 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Would be interesting to know why we didnt tap into that excellent relatiobship and get some quality on loan from Chelsea last season, or this.

Maybe the new management staff didnt forever want to be seen in the eyes of some as "they only did alright because the previous manager gave them a load of good players to say sorry for pi55ing off to chelsea"

Some of our support still think Lampard got an easy job as let's be honest mount, wilson and tomori are premier league players. Put them in any side and they will get you 30points in their own with individual performances and goals.

9 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Would be interesting to know why we didnt tap into that excellent relatiobship and get some quality on loan from Chelsea last season, or this.

I assume Cocu went with the recommendation of Marcel Brands for Dowell, and Paterson was a last minute get a body in the door signing, in likelyhood recommended by someone with better knowledge of the league.

January I assume we were embargoed.

Connor Wickham is my shout. Can hold the ball up, pretty mobile and always thought he's had an eye for goal although I've not seen much of him recently.

Think he's had a few injuries which is a bit of a downer but down the pecking order at palace and potentially available.

4 minutes ago, Ram Bam said:

Connor Wickham is my shout. Can hold the ball up, pretty mobile and always thought he's had an eye for goal although I've not seen much of him recently.

Think he's had a few injuries which is a bit of a downer but down the pecking order at palace and potentially available.

He makes George Thorne look like Iron man. 

2 hours ago, Ram Bam said:

Connor Wickham is a great shout.

I thought he was in his 30s, surprised to see he is only 27.

Also his current market value is 1 million, so we could get him fairly cheap, certainly no more than 5 million, although wages would be high.

A loan with view to perm could work.

4 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Burnt bridges? How so? 

There was a comment Jody made around Sep/Oct last year regarding the way negotiations were handled for compensation for his and Franks services when he moved to Chelsea. Along the lines of you didn't do us any favours when we were trying to leave for Chelsea. Why would you expect any favours in return? 

My interpretation was that we were holding out for the full compo while Chelsea were trying to get away with less. 

1 hour ago, therealhantsram said:

There was a comment Jody made around Sep/Oct last year regarding the way negotiations were handled for compensation for his and Franks services when he moved to Chelsea. Along the lines of you didn't do us any favours when we were trying to leave for Chelsea. Why would you expect any favours in return? 

My interpretation was that we were holding out for the full compo while Chelsea were trying to get away with less. 

I think you're misremembering.

He posted "Those who burn bridges, then ask you send a boat", (sic) without any context or explaination well before he and Frank left the club for Chelsea.

It certainly wasn't September/October time, and was definitely before his leaving message posted earlier.

If you mean a different message I apologize, and look forward to you posting it.

1 hour ago, Topram said:

On twitter I saw a post from a Reading fan with a report that a championship club was signing a striker from Sporting Lisbon, didn’t mention any teams just said the championship 

Two names that seem to stand out as potentially available and within our remit: Leonardo Ruiz and Pedro Mendes.

21 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

Two names that seem to stand out as potentially available and within our remit: Leonardo Ruiz and Pedro Mendes.

A quick look shows that Reading have been interesting in Pedro Mendes, hence why I think they're keeping an eye on that part of the country. 

Archived