Summer 2020 Transfer Suggestion Thread

oomarkwright

Will be interesting to see how our recruitment performs if we can get continuity of manager and coaching staff , for me there’s no doubt we keep bringing in players for one manager that the next one just doesn’t fancy and they drop off the radar and become what we all seem to call the deadwood,

apart from Mac 1 cocu is looking the best at using what’s already at the club whilst looking to build on it ,,, baby / bath water and all that

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is going to be my drinking game for the summer. I predict a permanent hangover and serious liver damage:

If some proposes a player I’ve never heard of (possibly because they’ve seen them play once on TV in the Swiss league), I can have a large whiskey.

If I’ve heard of the suggestion but know very little about him I can have a small whiskey.

If the player is well know, perhaps coming to the end of his career/take him on loan but is also way out of our league in terms of wages I can have a glass of wine. (Obviously, in Rooney’s case, I would have earned a very large glass of wine).

38 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

This is going to be my drinking game for the summer. I predict a permanent hangover and serious liver damage:

If some proposes a player I’ve never heard of (possibly because they’ve seen them play once on TV in the Swiss league), I can have a large whiskey.

If I’ve heard of the suggestion but know very little about him I can have a small whiskey.

If the player is well know, perhaps coming to the end of his career/take him on loan but is also way out of our league in terms of wages I can have a glass of wine. (Obviously, in Rooney’s case, I would have earned a very large glass of wine).

If our scouts have got anything about them then they will be looking at St Galen in the Swiss Super League. They have been the surprise package. Top of the league. Ahead of Young Boys and Basel, and with a young team. 
we should be looking at....

Dylan hefti , 22 year old right back

18 year old central defender Leonids Stergiou

miro muheim is a 21 year old left back previously with chelsea

ermedin demirovic is a Bosnian striker on loan from deportivo  alaves, 9 goals, must be better than anything we’ve got

And....although he hasn’t played a single game for them....I wouldn’t dismiss goalkeeper Jonathan klinsman, son of the famous diver!

get ‘em in barman.?

31 minutes ago, RamNut said:

If our scouts have got anything about them then they will be looking at St Galen in the Swiss Super League. They have been the surprise package. Top of the league. Ahead of Young Boys and Basel, and with a young team. 
we should be looking at....

Dylan hefti , 22 year old right back

18 year old central defender Leonids Stergiou

miro muheim is a 21 year old left back previously with chelsea

ermedin demirovic is a Bosnian striker on loan from deportivo  alaves, 9 goals, must be better than anything we’ve got

And....although he hasn’t played a single game for them....I wouldn’t dismiss goalkeeper Jonathan klinsman, son of the famous diver!

get ‘em in barman.?

mentioned Stergiou before, only issue is he's 5'9!

59 minutes ago, Premier ram said:

If, as a lot on here are predicting,  that Jack Marriott moves on in the summer , maybe a bid for Karlan Grant of Huddersfield , pacey , scored a few goals , leads the line at Huddersfield well

Given his scoring record since joining Huddersfield (1 in 2 minutes this season, and 1 in 3 in the Prem), aged just 22, he’ll be way out of our price range. 

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Given his scoring record since joining Huddersfield (1 in 2 minutes this season, and 1 in 3 in the Prem), aged just 22, he’ll be way out of our price range. 

A Goal every two mins, why aren't Huddersfield top?

• 2 months later...

Well Derby most looking like be looking at frees and season long loans this season. 

But heres one he midfield and plays for arsneal ainsley maitland niles he is only 22 years old but wages could be stumbling block but he could be value for money.

5 minutes ago, B4ev6is said:

Well what transfears be looking at then.

I wouldn’t be looking, and I am sure Mel Morris neither, at a £10m plus right back (occasional midfielder) when we have Bogle.   
We need a decent keeper, a centre back and a good target man.  I would like to see an authentic winger too, but not sure where the money will come from for these. Hopefully not from the sale of youngsters.
As for names, I haven’t got a scoobies. Hopefully a couple from abroad I have never heard of.

Archived